Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Protein Overdose

KoKaTa

Hello everyone...i have a question for u..i recently went to the doctor, for a general check up, and when asked if i have any sort of special diet i told the doctor, yes, im on a high protein diet. I specified that i take 1 gram of protein per pound, more specifically 100 grams of protein from shakes during the day, and another 100 grams of protein from food (200 grams, cuz i am 200 pounds). what he told me is that this is way too high, and that i might get kidney stones...he suggested that i cut that in half...but how am i gonna grow with this little protein in my diet??

What do u guys think?!? is it possible to hurt urself with protein? :confused:

Not if your kidneys are functioning normal. I actually partook in and made a small study with different powdered protein sources and different amounts when I was studying nutrition some years ago, I never finished the article but the results where little or no protein in the urine, and there was no difference between proteinsources or amount. This was a study for school with one test-person, me who was training hard at the time. So its not a good enough source. But its worth mentioning.

A doctor told my Nephew and my brother the same thing now my brother won't allow my nepehw around any protein and he is a hockey player who in my opinion needs more protein because he is tall but scrawny, kind of a bummer a doctor might of fukt that up on him.

literally the only thing that gets a protein overdose is my toilet..all the protein you don't use gets excreted.

So many Dr.s will tell you that crap. There have been countless studies done on it and they all prove that this is a fallacy IF YOUR KIDNESY ARE FULLY FUNCTIONAL TO BEGIN WITH! But if you have kidney issues prior to doing high protien then you may well have some of those issues.
Your Dr needs to get with the times as he is living in the past.

Hello everyone...i have a question for u..i recently went to the doctor, for a general check up, and when asked if i have any sort of special diet i told the doctor, yes, im on a high protein diet. I specified that i take 1 gram of protein per pound, more specifically 100 grams of protein from shakes during the day, and another 100 grams of protein from food (200 grams, cuz i am 200 pounds). what he told me is that this is way too high, and that i might get kidney stones...he suggested that i cut that in half...but how am i gonna grow with this little protein in my diet??

What do u guys think?!? is it possible to hurt urself with protein? :confused:

Hes probably going by the USRDA which is WAY off.

I have in the past used protein in the urine from high protein inntake to get diagnosed with different things to get a break from work, usually urine tract infections. I achieve this by drinking a lot of prot shakes the day before i go for urine test. So it is definately something to it, if you drink too much protein shakes, they may end up in your urine.

A lot of producers state that protein shakes is a supplement. The best way to ensure maximum uptake of your prot shake is to drink them together with example a slice of bread. It will soak up the liquid and prevent dhiarea etc.

Also on a side note, if you use creatine monohydrate, make sure you mix it out in hot water, or you can also get irritated intestants and dhiarea.

End of the line is that if you eat too much protein, instead of storing it as fat, the body will just push it out into the toilet, one way or another.

with healthy kidneys and plenty of water, you need not worry. And lol @ 1 gram per pound being high. Tell him you're on 2.5 grams per pound and see what the fucker says!

also, go to DrugsProfiles.com | Home and read up on drugs to help your body use protein more efficiently and effectively.

Top Bottom