Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Protein Overload

KoKaTa

Hello everyone...i have a question for u..i recently went to the doctor, for a general check up, and when asked if i have any sort of special diet i told the doctor, yes, im on a high protein diet. I specified that i take 1 gram of protein per pound, more specifically 100 grams of protein from shakes during the day, and another 100 grams of protein from food (200 grams, cuz i am 200 pounds). what he told me is that this is way too high, and that i might get kidney stones...he suggested that i cut that in half...but how am i gonna grow with this little protein in my diet??

What do u guys think?!? is it possible to hurt urself with protein?

Of course it's possible, Esp if you don't divide the protein intake up. I heard (not sure of source) that your body can only process 40-50g of protein per like 2 or 3 hours. So I'm sure you should split it up amongst 6 meals or so. drink lots of water. I'm sure if it was a HUGE issue you would hear everyone complaining about it.

Of course it's possible, Esp if you don't divide the protein intake up. I heard (not sure of source) that your body can only process 40-50g of protein per like 2 or 3 hours. So I'm sure you should split it up amongst 6 meals or so. drink lots of water. I'm sure if it was a HUGE issue you would hear everyone complaining about it.

Incorrect. This is a old theory, thats been prowed wrong many times. Your body absorbs 97% or so of all the protein you eat, no matter portion size. But you can't manipulate how much of it that ends up in your muscles. Except by damaging muscle cells through training or manipulating your hormones.

Some proteinpowders contains shity additives you don't want or need, which can make your kidneys and liver work overtime. But the protein itself is not a problem.

Hello everyone...i have a question for u..i recently went to the doctor, for a general check up, and when asked if i have any sort of special diet i told the doctor, yes, im on a high protein diet. I specified that i take 1 gram of protein per pound, more specifically 100 grams of protein from shakes during the day, and another 100 grams of protein from food (200 grams, cuz i am 200 pounds). what he told me is that this is way too high, and that i might get kidney stones...he suggested that i cut that in half...but how am i gonna grow with this little protein in my diet??

What do u guys think?!? is it possible to hurt urself with protein?

Yeah totally possible. Did it. Kidney stones are a bitch!

Here's the thing you don't need that much to increase muscle growth. There are a ton of lab studies proving that even the most conditioned athlete's protein requirements can be fulfilled with 1g per Kg of body weight.

Doctors need to stick with there job and dont provide diet advice.

Doctors the same people who get their patients hooked on dangerous psychotics like Ambian, Prozac and Xanex and then prescribe Oxycodone for a pulled muscle. Oh yeah and the same guys who say that AAS isn't safe to use under any circumstances. Yeah I'd trust their advice on EVERYTHING. Stop eating protein and ask your doctor about a prescription to Ambian and Prozac. After taking that for a few months, you will wonder why you ever worked out in the first place. And after your butt starts to hurt from sitting on the sofa too long you can go get some Oxycodone to kill the pain. Then you will be on the path to good health.

This post contains elements of sarcasm.

The thing to remember here is the difference between natural proteins found in foods and the proteins found in shakes. Johnrambo made a good point about additives in shakes to help absorb the protein. These are the things you need to watch out for.

I think if your 200lbs and you need 100g protein from shakes then you need to look at your deit bro. Sorry. Myself personaly I can take 250g protein a day when bulking. 200 of it from good foods.

8 meals a day.

8 meals x 20g protein = 160g
2 small natural whey shakes x 20g protein (taken with before and after workout meals) = 40g
1 ceasin protein shake before bed with milk = 35g

Total = 235g protein, 70% roughly from natural foods so natural proteins.

No problems with kidneys only with the food bills lol.

Harry

The thing to remember here is the difference between natural proteins found in foods and the proteins found in shakes. Johnrambo made a good point about additives in shakes to help absorb the protein. These are the things you need to watch out for.

I think if your 200lbs and you need 100g protein from shakes then you need to look at your deit bro. Sorry. Myself personaly I can take 250g protein a day when bulking. 200 of it from good foods.

8 meals a day.

8 meals x 20g protein = 160g
2 small natural whey shakes x 20g protein (taken with before and after workout meals) = 40g
1 ceasin protein shake before bed with milk = 35g

Total = 235g protein, 70% roughly from natural foods so natural proteins.

No problems with kidneys only with the food bills lol.

Harry

this is REALLY REALLY GOOD! so right now, my diet consists of 4 meals(food), and 3 meals(shakes, my last one is casein before bed)...i guess u would suggest put in 2 more meals, in the place of one of the shakes?

what he told me is that this is way too high, and that i might get kidney stones...he suggested that i cut that in half...but how am i gonna grow with this little protein in my diet??

Of course he told you that - he's a moron. There is no such thing as bodybuilding pharmacology and nutrition 101 in medical school. They are educated, extensively, to treat stubborn 70+ year olds who are hopelessly attempting to undo a life of bad habits and nutritional patterns (usually with a cornucopia of medications - but we can't use anabolics, because that would be naughty, right?)

The point is, their laughable hysteria is baseless and senseless in every conceivable way. They use scare tactics, catch phrases, and grow more complacent in their condition of ignorance all the while, simply dismissing the possibility that ANYTHING exists outside of their classroom derived knowledge set.

I could easily offer a multitude of example and anecdotal evidence resembling a dissertation on this subject alone, but please suffice it to say that a medical doctor advocating nutritional requirements necessitated by trained dedicated athletes is akin to allowing Michal Moore to be in charge of security at a buffet line.

Yeah totally possible. Did it. Kidney stones are a bitch!

Here's the thing you don't need that much to increase muscle growth. There are a ton of lab studies proving that even the most conditioned athlete's protein requirements can be fulfilled with 1g per Kg of body weight.

Hey Rick..I found your post really interesting...I've never heard the 1g/ kg of body weight before....so to convert that back to lbs would that be something like 1.6 g/ lb of body weight??

I've always read the standard rule is 1g/ lbs of lean body mass...do you think it makes a big difference? I suppose a lot of it is individual and depends on the goals as well?

Top Bottom