Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Protein myth?!

tfuray said:
Not exactly true. TOO much protein can put serious stress on your liver, not o good thing bro.
I agree 100%, long before you get fat from excess protein, you will ruin your liver.

I weigh around 245, eat 300 grams on average daily. I drink a lot of water. I can tell the difference when I am eating a lot of protein and when im not. You can actually feel it. I am stronger than the avg. gym goer which I contribute to workouts of less than 1 hour and only 3x week. Not a bodybuilder so I can't relate to that but I def. am stronger with it.

tfuray said:
Not exactly true. TOO much protein can put serious stress on your liver, not o good thing bro.
I get everything checked twice a year by my doc who knows what I'm doing so he knows what to look for to keep me healthy. No problems!!

You can eat as much protein as you want at one sitting b/c excess will just be pissed out?

Wow, what has this board become

PS, I heard you can drink winny (a joke for those of us that have been here a while)

yes it is right your body will use the exact protein it needs to repair damaged muscle fibers and all the rest your body will store it for energy in other words it will turn into fat! i usually consume no more than 60g per meal

It is lost in urine and contributes to calories and under the right conditions (taking in excess calories) gain of bodyfat. Some basic biochemistry:

Protein is digested by endo and exopeptidases to give amino acids and small peptides. All of these can be absorbed through the wall of the intestine into the blood. Excess amino acids are deaminated in the liver. One product of this is urea which the kidneys remove from the blood and put into the urine. The carbon skeleton that remains can be metabolised and used in respiration, to replenish glycogen stores and stored as fat.

This process happens all of the time so protein intake contributes to your calorific intake when you take in more than your body requires. You will not seriously stress your liver before you gain fat due to this as following deamination the carbon skeletons remaining can be stored if not needed for respiration or to replenish glycogen stores.

If anybody has references showing liver stress due to high protein intake I would like to see them as I am not aware of them. I mean genuine stress not up regulation of genes for the enzymes involved in deamination or associated reactions.

Funny how this area is full of misconceptions.

I am far from an expert on this, but I think that just about every nutritionist out there will tell you that excess protein is eventually converted to mostly fat.

Yeap, I agree, not good....... try and keep as much stress off liver as possible.... because it working OT if ya taking "other" things, like supp's.

Top Bottom