Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Protein myth?!

1_more_rep

Hey everyone...i have a question about protein.

What is the maximum protein you can intake at once - and what happens to excess? does it stay in your system and get used up later? I have 2 different bodybuilding people that i talk to about this kinda stuff - 1 told me you would pee out excess protein; the other said you would shit it out.

Is there a way to calculate the maximum protein i can intake at once?

For example, i want to start taking 2 whey protein shakes a day instead of one...but while taking 18 units and working a part time job and hitting the gym 7 days a week...im pressed for even the 5 minutes it takes to make that second shake.

So would taking only 1 shake a day post-workout (lets say...of 80G protein) instead of 2 40 g shakes be ok?

Today...i ate a lottt of barbecued filet mignon (yum)...id say i ate about a pound of that stuff easy...will it not all be used up?

Thanks

You can not ingest too much protein. Your body will use whatever it needs and the excess will be lost as urine.

The body uses what is needed.If it needs 80grams it will use it if not you piss it out. Not to sound like an ass but if you don't have time to make a 2nd protein shake then how do you have time to train?

^^^^
Yeah what he said!

I work a full-time job, I play basketball for a league, I DJ clubs at night, I promote the clubs, and I have a g/f, plus I still train 6 days a week. I still have time to cook my meals, and shakes are what saves me because they take 2 mins to make...I think you may be having bigger issues with yourself if you cant find time to make a shake :)

DJLegacy2k1 said:
^^^^
Yeah what he said!

I work a full-time job, I play basketball for a league, I DJ clubs at night, I promote the clubs, and I have a g/f, plus I still train 6 days a week. I still have time to cook my meals, and shakes are what saves me because they take 2 mins to make...I think you may be having bigger issues with yourself if you cant find time to make a shake :)

Two minutes? What are you, retarded?

j/k

I am far from an expert on this, but I think that just about every nutritionist out there will tell you that excess protein is eventually converted to mostly fat.

To be exact, I can eat: 4 cans of tuna and a pint of milk, any more than that and it all comes back up. Trust me.

On a serious note: people can not live off of just protien, and another source. It is my understanding that yes, excess protien is converted to fat but not at a fast enough rate to meet the demands of the body (ie fat from protien is not a significant source of body fat).

AEKDB said:
To be exact, I can eat: 4 cans of tuna and a pint of milk, any more than that and it all comes back up. Trust me.

On a serious note: people can not live off of just protien, and another source. It is my understanding that yes, excess protien is converted to fat but not at a fast enough rate to meet the demands of the body (ie fat from protien is not a significant source of body fat).

Correct, 1 gram of protein = 4 calories; 1 pound of fat = 3500 calories. So if your body does not use the protein to build muscle or burn for energy then it is stored as fat. protein does not contribute to fat gain unless it is caloric excess... Protein does require more energy (boost metabolism) to digest but if there is excess then it will be stored...

You can not ingest too much protein. Your body will use whatever it needs and the excess will be lost as urine.
Not exactly true. TOO much protein can put serious stress on your liver, not o good thing bro.

Top Bottom