Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Powerlifting and looking good

yes i think so, there are some PLers who look awesome because they are a low BF, matt kroc and konstantinovs spring to mind. Yes they are the top PLers in the world but the point is lifting heavy ass weight with less focus on isolation and the typical BBing split does build muscle. I know ceo trains like a powerlifter on here and onebreath has in the past and I dont know about ceo but one breath looks sick.

Although if you find that your muscles dont seem to respond to low reps at all much then it will be a hard job to get a big squat/dead/bench without training low reps.

Last edited:
DEPENDS! If you're 5'5" 250lbs and shaped like a storm-cloud then if you're going to do PL training then you wil probably wont get any closer to looking like that. If youre skinny as a rail and relatively new to serious strength training, then yes, the first 3 years or so of training will take you closer to both goals.

I look like that guy in your pic.

Not really.

It is much better to be huge in 3 areas. Your deadlift, your wallet and what is between your legs. If you have shortcomings in the last two, you can make it up by having 600+ lb deadlift.

Have you ever seen Brian Shaw's girlfriend? I rest my case.

B-

its possible to do both. i beleive in size through stregnth and d mostly heavy lifts then i just change it up a little bit once in a while when i need some peak. while your cutting your stregnth is going to go down. your not going to be ripped all year long though.

some of these guys are just so ugly that they are hopeless so they convince themselves that no matter what they look like they are a god as long as they can move some big numbers. no one in this thread o course though.

The guy in the picture is a toothpick...looks "thick" due to photography.

How about this guy? One of the strongest around...

DSC02936.jpg

image002.jpg

6-7-08MatKstraining018.jpg

matt4.jpg

What about the one in the diaper?

B-

Those are "pull ups"...not diapers! It is what "big boy's" wear. Gosh...how long has it been since you had a kid again?

:)

But if they helped your deadlift...

hey b fold did u know matt kroc is prepping for a BBing show now? He has slightly changes his training but kept all the heavy lifts. Ill post u some pics. This should also show everyone the size he has built over the years of PL training...

2ekizgn.jpg

29f2zrm.jpg

2re01s0.jpg

summer2006_greatwolflodge_fishing_posing0041_ezr.jpg

Top Bottom