Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Post up your split...and a question..

InTraining

Just wondering what kind of routine everyone on the board is following....

Also I'd like to increase the frequency I hit the muscle groups and work each muscle twice a week vs. what I am doing now(once every 5 days)...Would anyone recommend a split that would allow that?

Thanks a lot...karma for help...

I tryed lifting each bodypart 2x a week a few months ago. It looked like this:

day1-chest/delts/triceps
day2-legs
day3-back/biceps
day4-off
day5-chest/delts/triceps
day6-legs
day7-back/biceps
day8-off
day9-repeat or rest if needed

I did about 6 sets for my chest/back/legs and 3 sets for my delts/triceps/biceps on their own days(but their getting hit 2x every 8 days so double that for the week). It was a nice change from my old routine, but I don't think I could have stayed on it for any longer then a couple of months. I didn't use the same exercise during the week(ex-day1 chest I would do flat bench and day5 chaest I would do incline, etc....). Let me know if you want the full workout.

Similar to mine. I do:

1. Chest/Back
2. Legs
3. Delt/Bis/Tris
4. off
repeat

Takes a lot out of you, so you should be getting enough sleep every night if you want to be able to get through your workouts. Also, massive amounts of food is a plus.

I like the splits myself, but the CNS doesn't recover that quickly. Nor do the muscle groups, really. 48 hours at least. Not saying it won't work, because everyone is different, but just be careful training 3 days in a row.

If your goal is size, I'd recommend HST. The frequency is high, the workouts intense but fun, and the results tried and true.

If your goal is strength, try something along the lines of DC or Westside.

1 Upper
2 Lower
3 Off
4 Upper
5 Lower
6 Off
7 Off

Each workout is only like 6-8 work sets of low reps (5-6), this approach wouldnt work with high volume training or higher reps for me

mon - legs
tues - chest/bis
wed - off (cardio and abs)
thurs - back/tris
fri - off essentially, light cardio (and do some light chest work, i found it helps me out a ton. maybe a week is too much rest for my chest)
sat - shoulders
sun - OFF

I just started this a week ago:

day1: Legs/back/abs
day2: off
day3: Chest/shoulders/arms
day4: off
repeat

This is while on, so it's not something I would do normally. I'll see how it goes for this cycle.

Chest/Tri's
Back/Bi's
Quads
Shoulders/Ham's/Calves

Try to do a few sets of abs at then end of everything....

I don't do much arm work...pretty fried after the big compound lifts which are my primary focus each workout.

I'm 37 and 'feelin it', plus, I typically don't consume the calories I truly need as I'm hoping to lose belly fat...

Hope this helps...pretty basic stuff, probably not.

Top Bottom