Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Pop's Training Log

Brianapop

Hello Elitefitness,

Thank you for your interest and time in my log. I'm creating because for the past couple months I've hit a stand still in my mass gains and my motivation has fallen (though dedication to training will always be high, never give up). I hope in logging my workouts I will raise my motivation and increase my self image/esteem issues, while at the same time receiving constructive criticism and other tips on benefiting my weight training adventure.

I believe that if you're going to invest your time into me, you should know a little about myself, my experience, and where I am today. I also hope by underlining my history may help the many others that are in my current position. I've been weight lifting for roughly a 2 years, I began at 260lbs and cut down to 195lbs (taking me a year to reach) were I found myself being too skinny (I am 6'3") for my liking. To that point I was one of those naive weight lifters, putting my faith more into many supplements and routines that are glorified in bodybuilding magazines (split opinion between many people, but from personal research of many articles of Olympic weightlifters and strength trainers they all stand strongly behind that magazines are a load of bologna). At the end of year one and 2 months I finished my first ever cycle of natural testosterone (Stacked: Animal Test and Animal Stak), I felt great and looked cut and was able to gain 10lbs putting me at 205lbs (in roughly 1 month and a half). Then these past 8 months I've reached 212 and have been dwindling between 210-215. No more mass gains, not much strength gains, but since I was doing different workouts and lately Jim Stoppani's shortcut to size I didn't realize it much. Heck I was hitting the gym, lifting weights who cares right? Not right, as humans we are dependent to progress in order to feel accomplished. These past 2 months have been rough as I started to notice more and more that I'm not growing and not getting stronger. Which leads me to where I am now, I have finally done the correct research on diet and began taking in caloric excess and have switched my routine from the tedious and overloading workouts of one body part a day to Bill Starr's/Madcow 5x5. I've completed Week 1 and am dedicated to continue until gains have plateau to which I will switch to dual factor theory. I must add, by research as far as the routine is involved I've read the entire website inside and out and have continue on to reading the posts on the forum.

Before we begin a few questions/statements:
Because of my previous use of natural testosterone boosters and other reason I do believe my bodies ability to create testosterone has lowered. Because of this and as all of us (Athletes, Bodybuilders, Power Lifters, Olympic Lifters, etc...) all want to do most we could do, I am looking into different solutions to (A) give me a better edge in strength and mass gain (B) In a sense, reboot my bodies ability to produce to correct amount of testosterone (If my theory about my past is correct). I have Generalized Anxiety Disorder and was born a month prematurely so the 'harder' solutions are not an option for me, as well as I am not to fond of procedure in doing so (though I am envious of those that do do it, get huge guys!). I've done a little research on SARMS and it is very appealing to me, especially since the toxicity is less of pH allowing me to have less anxiety about what may or may not be happening to me, if SARMS is a good option may someone please layout a well cycle for a beginner? When I do something I do it right, and so far what I've read is that the triple stack (from sarmssearch.com) is one of the best routes to go this way, am I correct? At my current weight I'd have higher use than others and would most likely need a PCT (correct?). What is a viable PCT for said cycle? Thank You.

Without further ado my current stats and log:

-Stats-
Height: 6'3"
Weight: ~212
BMI: ?? (Never calculated but as soon as I can I will, I'll post a current picture for progress and maybe you can tell me!)
Sex: Male
Gym Experience: ~2 years
Goal: Strength and Mass gain

-Supplements-
ON Men (Multivitamin 3/day)
ON Fish Oil (2 caps 3/day)
ON Whey (1 scoop in the morning, 2 Scoops after workout, 1 between meals on off days)
ON Caesin (Only when not enough protein was consumed in the day)

-Diet-
My diet is too varied to list and from research for mass gain types isn't too important as long as your reaching a caloric excess. That doesn't mean I eat fast food (roughly twice a month) just that I eat so many different things its hard to make a list, I like to change it up. I attempt to hit 3500-4000+ a day, especially because I work in a warehouse and am constantly lifting/walking my entire shift.

-Routine-
Bill Starr's/Madcow 5x5

.Monday
Squat 5x5
Bench 5x5
Barbell Row 5x5
Assistance: 4x25 Weighted Situps. (I will also add the suggested 2 sets of Hyperextensions if/when my lower back becomes stronger

.Wednesday
Squat 4x5
Military Row 4x5
Deadlift 4x5
Assistance: 3x25 Situps, 4x10 Power Shrugs (may switch later on to Mon/Fri per feeling of intensity later in the program)

.Friday
Squat 4x5
1x3
1x8
Bench 4x5
1x3
1x8
Barbell Row 4x5
1x3
1x8
Assistance: 3x8 Barbell Curl, 3x8 Tricep Extension

-Researched Sets-
(This was done on Week 1 Monday, yes started the program a little intense but its time to man up!)

Squat: 170x5 (I neglected legs, never did a leg day BIG MISTAKE!)
Bench: 205x5
Barbell Row: 154x5
Deadlift: 240x5
Military Press: 90x5

-Log-
.Week 1 (from here on I will post by the days, but since I'm a week in I have to catch up)

Wednsday
Squat (4x5)
1st: 79
2nd: 98
3rd: 118
4th: 118

Military Press (4x5)
1st:52
2nd: 63
3rd: 73
4th: 83

Deadlift (4x5)
1st: 139
2nd: 167
3rd: 195
4th: 222

Assistance
Situps: 3x25
Power Shrugs: 4x10 @ 155

Friday
Squat (4x5)(1x3)(1x8)
1st: 79
2nd: 98
3rd: 118
4th: 138
1x3: 162
1x8: 118

Bench (4x5)(1x3)(1x8)
1st: 95
2nd: 119
3rd: 143
4th: 166
1x3: 195
1x8: 143

Row (4x5)(1x3)(1x8)
1st: 72
2nd: 89
3rd: 107
4th: 125
1x3: 147
1x8: 107

Assistance
Barbell Curls: 3x8 @ 90
Tricep Extensions: 3x8 @ 120

Feeling: This light of load and amount of reps made me feel like the workout wasn't complete but I guess that's natural since I've been overworking for way to long. I did a lot of research on correct form and thanks to technology had youtube pulled up always to watch the correct form and insure I was doing the Olympic way as Madcow suggests. Though felt light, I have never been as sore. Stupid me never did deadlifts dang they are such a good work imagine where I would be in weight lifting If I started all these two years ago! Especially squats, but in my defense I have a weak knee from years of skateboarding an over a decade of snowboarding, though during the workout my knee killed the day after I didn't really have any pain anymore as usual.

That's all for now, I hope the read was enjoyable. Kind of a wall of text compared to most logs but I feel that if I put in full dedication into logging into a community that my motivation will rise again and its a better way for you to get to know me. On a final note please leave constructive criticism and inform me if I am not maintain the communities rules. I look forward to future conversations and continuing my logs at elitefitness.

Thank you.

-Past,I believe this is 2 months before I began going to the gym 2 months ago (I actually gained 10 more lbs than the picture I have before I started)
-Current

Week 2

Monday

Squat (5x5)
1st: 81
2nd: 101
3rd: 121
4th: 141
5th: 162

Bench (5x5)
1st: 97
2nd: 122
3rd: 146
4th: 171
5th: 195

Row (5x5)
1st: 73
2nd: 92
3rd: 110
4th: 128
5th: 147

Assistance:
Weighted Sit-ups 4x15

Thoughts/Feelings:
Squats is definitely helping my knee out, it hurts a lot less through-out the day. Bench is still a little light from what I'm used but hopefully that feeling will change in week 4 and beyond. Row's the way suggested, 90 degrees and with weight on floor every rep definitely targets the lats a lot more feels good. I definitely needed the gym after a stressful week and weekend. Oh, and man since I cut for a year almost eating 4k calories is tough! I always feel full but I'm sure that will go away.

So just did measurement test to calculate body fat the 4 sources came up with 14-16% so just to average it I'd say I'm at about 15% right now. Since I'm bulking I'm sure this will go up a little but that's ok. To add on workout wise, its different for me to not be working out today, I almost headed to the gym after work and had to remind my self "oh ya off day, go rest! do the program as intended!"

Wednesday

Squat (4x5)
4th: 121

Military Press (4x5)
1st: 53
2nd: 64
3rd: 75
4th: 86

Deadlift (4x5)
1st: 143
2nd: 171
3rd: 200
4th: 228

Assistance
3x25 Situps
4x10 Power Shrug @ 160lbs

Thoughts/Feelings: BRO DEADLIFTS ARE THE SH*T! The more I get to do them the more I notice the benefits. My lower back and a little upper back felt so pumped! My knee doesn't hurt at all anymore, If you read my first post my left knee has been hurting all the time for the longest. Especially since I walk up and down 40 foot stairs constantly, but since I started the 5x5 program its gotten a lot better. Form is everything, Squats bring your butt as low as possible (general rule is hips below knees, below 90 degrees). I also have been able to get a lot of information thanks to 'dylangemelli' on SARMS, I have a lot of bills but I'm going to buy his support stack at ntbm and buy the SARMs bottle by bottle as I go. I don't want to do them till I'm done bulking anyway, they seem to be more for cutting and keeping/gaining muscle!

Friday - Week 2

Squat (4x5)(1x3)(1x8)
4th: 141
1x3: 166
1x8: 121

Bench (4x5)(1x3)(1x8)
1st: 97
2nd: 122
3rd: 146
4th: 171
1x3: 200
1x8: 146

Row (4x5)(1x3)(1x8)
1st: 73
2nd: 92
3rd: 110
4th: 128
1x3: 150
1x8: 110

Assistance
3x8 Weighted Dips
3x8 Barbell Curls (someone stole the squat rack when I switched to Dips so I did wide-grip preacher curls)
3x8 Tricep Extension (Standing with the preacher bar)

Thoughts/Feelings: Again, still feels light but as I continue to do research a lot of science is behind it so I wont give up!

To add, I just ordered a Triple Stack of SARMS from Uniquemicals for an 8 week cycle. It includes: 1 Bottle of MK-2866, 2 Bottles of S4, and 2 Bottles of GW-50. Soon I will order Dylan's support stack for the product which is 2 Bottles of HCGenerate, 2 Bottles of D-Spark, and a bottle of HCGenerate ES.

QUESTION!!: I won't be starting this cycle till about 10 Weeks from now, I want to get stronger using the 5x5 that way I get the most out of my stack. Also with wanting to get the most out of the stack is there a routine that most would recommend? I feel that the increased recovery and endurance will cause using this program to have results at a minimum. Preferably a bulking routine would be nice. Any suggestions?

Thank you.

I don't have much to add, except great job losing all the weight. I'm at where you started. And your at where I'd like to be.
Cheers bro.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using EliteFitness

I don't have much to add, except great job losing all the weight. I'm at where you started. And your at where I'd like to be.
Cheers bro.

Thanks man, motivation and dedication is best advice I can give. Look at the end results not tomorrow's, I struggle with this now.

Yep. I'm down around 45 lbs and also just started a gw/albuterol stack before starting the triple stack.
Long ways to go.

Top Bottom