Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Please Help..I am freaked out about missing period

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the point trying to be made was that steroids are not for "I want to lose 10 lbs off my ass so I look tighter in a bikini" -- just so we don't get too technical on the statement - yes it promotes increased testosterone w/ all the accompanying wonders such as promoting building of lean body mass, etc etc etc but waaay too many girls start out w/ their boyfriends telling them "Just get some winny" when they start complaining about gaining weight.

The point most often lost is that you don't just pop steroids and drop weight - there are hormonal consequences that you have to deal with (and so many women dont' educate themselves on that) and the whole diet & training part gets skipped.

... not to beat a dead horse or anything but didn't want this thread to get sidetracked into technicalities when I'm not sure the purpose for the cycle was appropriate in the first place.

"Steroids do not build muscle" would have been just as accurate of a statement. So would have been "the sky is green" ...

I know that the point is that Lifting weights builds muscle, dieting loses fat, etc...

But steroids also do both of those things. Saying they don't is just wrong.

OK , I appreciate your Opinions, eventhough I kinda wanna thank Anthony for coming to my defense..I understand you have a lot of information and strong beliefs of your own. But I did not start doing the drugs to "lose weight" I have been training hard (5xs a week) for over a year and half with my boyfriend who has been weight lifting for over 10 years and educates himself constantly on the subject. So for about a year I did this with no great gains...genetically I have high amounts of estrogen and not much muscle or strength except in my legs, so that's when I decided to try out that first cycle...as an "aide" not a solve all, just to clarify. My diet has been healthy, due to my routine with that first cycle I was know I was eating too much to get lean but my appetite was through the roof.
SO now with this cycle I understand that I had to cut my calories and implement cardio 3xs a week, which I was always too burnt to do after weightlifting. I also agree with Anthony, hence the reason why I am doing this cycle...and too much information all saying the same thing..that T3, Clen, and Anavar all have weight losing properties...if everything else is in check. To add I am not trying too lose weight I am happy with my body...I don't necessarily care about my "weight" just want to trim a little especially in my stubborn area my stomach(trunk fat), which anavar has been proven to help. (steroid.com) get it off and keep it off.
So that's what I wanted to say I am not oblivious and just taking steroids to get me in shape..I understand the principles. and I believe everyone can agree that sometimes you learn from your mistakes..right?..

Sassy69 said:
I think the point trying to be made was that steroids are not for "I want to lose 10 lbs off my ass so I look tighter in a bikini" -- just so we don't get too technical on the statement - yes it promotes increased testosterone w/ all the accompanying wonders such as promoting building of lean body mass, etc etc etc but waaay too many girls start out w/ their boyfriends telling them "Just get some Winstrol - stanozolol" when they start complaining about gaining weight.

The point most often lost is that you don't just pop steroids and drop weight - there are hormonal consequences that you have to deal with (and so many women dont' educate themselves on that) and the whole diet & training part gets skipped.

... not to beat a dead horse or anything but didn't want this thread to get sidetracked into technicalities when I'm not sure the purpose for the cycle was appropriate in the first place.

Exactly.

I understand steroids can assist with fat loss. But they themselves are not catagorized as "fat burners". Typically, the goal of taking steroids is not to lose weight/fat. it can happen - but also in an environment that supports weight/fat loss, just like any other aide. A steroid within itself will not cause fat loss - and neither will anything else.

If you have "hung out" here (Women's Board) as long as I have been here, you would understand the context in which I made the statement I made, and WHY I worded it the way I did. But thank you very much for assuming I do not know my head from my ass.

As for the initial poster, I have never doubted or questioned the benefits of learning from mistakes. God knows, I have made some - in fitness and in other arenas! But I find your argument about how knowledgeable and researched your BF is lacking somewhat ... since he is the one that said D E C A is the "safest for women to take". I have no doubt he is likely knowledgeable about MALE USE, but using and the female can be a dramatically different animal. No slam against him, as apparently you have learned that YOU ultimately need to be the one responsible for all research into what you are putting into your system!

Good luck!

Daisy, I stated the fact that I know you guys are more knowledgeable in this broad subject by far, and I stated that...I just felt like oppose to all of the threads I read previously you guys were all friendly and then mine I felt like I got brow beaten..I come for encouraging advice, not the wooooh man big mistake...Of course I know my boyfriend is not a know all about steroids...I meant in the area of physical training...

thanks..

Daisy_Girl said:
A steroid within itself will not cause fat loss - and neither will anything else.
!

You're 100% incorrect.

Yes it will. All things being equal, if you are neither gaining nor losing weight, if you introduce an anabolic steroid into the equation, you will lose fat. If you aren't eating correctly, and not training, but at maintenance calories, and you take steroids, you will lose fat. Steroids will cause fat loss. In every study I've ever read, this is the case. If you have evidence otherwise, I'd like to see it. Posted below is evidence supporting myself and the OP.

In addition "neither will anything else" is wrong also. There are many compounds available which will cause fat loss in and of themselves.

Here is a small sampling of the available medical literature, which shows you are 100% incorrect about your contention that steroids do not burn fat (courtesy of steroid.com and Magic32):

Treatment with oxandrolone and the durability of effects in older men

E. Todd Schroeder,1,4 Ling Zheng,2 Kevin E. Yarasheski,3 Dajun Qian,2 Yolanda Stewart,2 Carla Flores,2 Carmen Martinez,2 Michael Terk,4,5 and Fred R. Sattler1,2,41

Division of Infectious Diseases, department of Medicine, 2General Clinical Research Center, and 5department of Radiology,
Keck School of Medicine, and 4department of Biokinesiology and Physical Therapy, University of Southern California,
Los Angeles, California 90033; and 3Divisions of Metabolism, Endocrinology and Lipid Research and Cell Biology and
Physiology, Department of Internal Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, Missouri 63110
Submitted 31 July 2003; accepted in final form 17 October 2003
J Appl Physiol 96: 1055–1062, 2004.
First published October 24, 2003; 10.1152/japplphysiol.00808.2003.

RESULTS:
Fat mass. There was a significant (P _ 0.03) group _ time interaction for total fat mass. Oxandrolone reduced whole body fat mass (_1.9 _ 1.0 kg, P _ 0.001; Fig. 3A) and trunk fat mass (_1.3 _ 0.6 kg, P _ 0.001; Fig. 3B), whereas placebo did not (whole body _ _0.2 _ 1.0 kg, P _ 0.58; trunk _0.0 _ 0.7 kg; P _ 0.87). The decreases in whole body and trunk fat mass were greater in the oxandrolone group than in the placebo group (P _ 0.001). After oxandrolone was discontinued (week 24), whole body and trunk fat were still less than baseline (_1.5 _ 1.8 kg, P _ 0.001; _1.0 _ 1.1 kg, P _0.001, respectively).

-------------------------------------------

Evaluation of the Effects of Oxandrolone on Malnourished HIV-Positive Pediatric Patients
Sarah Fox-Wheeler, MSN*, Linda Heller, MS, RD, CSP*, Cathleen M. Salata, RN*, Francine Kaufman, MD , M. Louisa Loro, MD§, Vincente Gilsanz, MD§, Michael Haight, MD , Gwenn C. Umman, RN, PhD¶, Norman Barton, MD, PhD#, and Joseph A. Church, MD*

PEDIATRICS Vol. 104 No. 6 December 1999, p. e73

RESULTS:
...The rate of weight gain increased during treatment and was maintained after treatment. Linear growth continued and was maintained throughout treatment, whereas bone age did not increase significantly. Anthropometric assessments indicated an increase in muscle mass and a decrease in fat while patients were on treatment...
...Fat, as measured by TSF, was significantly decreased (M = .75 mm; P = .05).
http://pediatrics.aappublications.or...full/104/6/e73

-------------------------------------------

Effects of Androgen Therapy on Adipose Tissue and Metabolism in Older Men
E. Todd Schroeder, Ling Zheng, Michelle D. Ong, Carmen Martinez, Carla Flores, Yolanda Stewart, Colleen Azen and Fred R. Sattler
***artment of Medicine and Division of Infectious Diseases (E.T.S., F.R.S.), General Clinical Research Center, Keck School of Medicine (L.Z., C.M., C.F., Y.S., C.A., F.R.S.), and Department of Biokinesiology and Physical Therapy (E.T.S., M.D.O., F.R.S.), University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90033

RESULTS:
We investigated the effects of oxandrolone on regional fat compartments and markers of metabolism. Thirty-two 60- to 87-yr-old men (body mass index, 28.1 ± 3.4 kg/m2) were randomized to oxandrolone (20 mg/d; n = 20) or matching placebo (n = 12) treatment for 12 wk. Oxandrolone reduced total (–1.8 ± 1.0 kg; P < 0.001), trunk (–1.2 ± 0.6 kg; P < 0.001), and appendicular (–0.6 ± 0.6 kg; P < 0.001) fat, as determined by dual energy x-ray absorptiometry. The changes in total and trunk fat were greater (P < 0.001) than the changes with placebo.

8154.jpg

Gymgurl said:
Well any period yet??
If she is cutting depending where her body fat is she will likely not see a period. My first cycle of var I lost my period around 16% bf and didn't have one for about 6 months it took nearly 3 months for it to come back. After more dieting and cycles it takes me longer to lose my period now it is around 12-14% I will stop getting one however everyone is diffrent I know 24K loses hers and she is natural at around 19% bf.

Well not to completely beat the topic to death - my point was to make a broad statement about how many women come to their first cycle experience.

Anyway - we are just trying to constantly constantly constantly pound in that just because you aren't getting the results you want doesn't mean steroids is the only way to go - its really telling me that you haven't learned how to optimally tweak your diet for your bodytype and where you are coming from. But that aside, you do live and learn - nutrition, metabolism, "fitness" are not things that are intuitively obvious and certainly no one can give you the complete and full disclosure on how it all goes to gether w/ hormones & body chemistry - that is your very own personal experiment.

As QT said - how are things going now? You most likely are NOT going to get your period until you are cleared of all the chemicals and your body has found some sort of natural control again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom