Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Please critque shoulder/ traps routine

halfaclue

Banned
Hammer Strength shoulder Press w/u set and 5 * 5
Front DB raise 2 sets
Side db raise 2 sets
revrse Pec Deck 2 sets
Straight bar cable Upright row 2 sets
hammer stregth shrugs wide grip 3 sets
hammer stregth shrugs close grip 2 sets
DB shrugs with 5 sec hold at top 2 sets.

i would consider adding some more pressing movements, such as dbs or barbell (front or behind head). Depending on how developed your front delt is to your middle and rear, i might considering dropping the front raises or do them after sides and rears.

yep, agree with wick...definitely throw in some pressing action (personally, i do behind-the-head militaries) and start off the workout with those...then finish off your medial and rear delts (or maybe yoru front delt if it isn't too worn out) with some db raises or maybe even a couple sets of arnold presses

I'm definitely going to do the front raises last as that is th ebest part of my shoulder...never thought of that but it is so obvious. Our DB's don't go heavy enough and using a straight bar requires a spotter for me to go heavy which is why i use the hammer strength. We have the Icarian Shoulder press which is straight up and slightly behind the neck or I could use the smith machine? What do you guys think?

halfaclue said:
I'm definitely going to do the front raises last as that is th ebest part of my shoulder...never thought of that but it is so obvious. Our DB's don't go heavy enough and using a straight bar requires a spotter for me to go heavy which is why i use the hammer strength. We have the Icarian Shoulder press which is straight up and slightly behind the neck or I could use the smith machine? What do you guys think?

If no spotter...i guess smith machine will have to suffice, even though i hate the strict range of movement from the smith machine. I think the shoulder press apparatus might work too. Try both and see which one makes you work the most.

Be careful that your front delt doesnt start to dominate your side and rear delts.

I hit shoulders and traps last night and I swapped out the Hammer strength Shoulder Press for the Smith Machine Press and the smith Machine definitely hurt more so I'll stick with that for now. Also did hit the isolation excercises reversed so instead of front -side-back...I did Back- Side- Front and man can i feel it today. Thanks for the help.

halfaclue said:
I hit shoulders and traps last night and I swapped out the Hammer strength Shoulder Press for the Smith Machine Press and the smith Machine definitely hurt more so I'll stick with that for now. Also did hit the isolation excercises reversed so instead of front -side-back...I did Back- Side- Front and man can i feel it today. Thanks for the help.

GREAT!

After a while, hit sides, rears, then fronts for another change of pace.

here is my routine:

barbell military press: front or behind the head
lateral raises (sides): single, then double with same weight. then go up weight for the third/fourth set
rears: 3 sets, all bent over
fronts: NEVER (hit them enough on chest, military, and uprights)
upright rows: 4 sets of 10 (first is a warmup)
shrugs: wide-grip/close-grip or close-grip/dbs.

halfaclue said:
I might have to give that a shot to switch things up.

The only reason i say to switch the rears and side raises is because most people's are severly lacking. Take a look around at all of the guys in your gym and see how many of their shoulders are dominated by their front delts.

Top Bottom