Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Oxygen 4 Energy mini log

All right, so I got my bottle of Oxygen4Energy, the other day. I've been waiting to try this for a while.

Product Info:

https://www.mrsupps.com/Products/35/Oxygen+4+Energy+Single/

For those who don't know me, my style of training is a 5 day split; muscle groups separated (arms / legs / delts & traps / chest / back). I do one week of high intensity workouts (4x12's with 60 seconds rest between sets) and one week of Max-OT training (low sets, 4-6 rep range -- see AST's site for more details).

I wanted to try this product out in both instances, so I waited until this evening before using it.

Tonight, I hit a heavy chest session and starting tomorrow, I'm back to high intensity, again. I was going to try to evenly split it, but I'm more interested in how this product performs in a scenario where I'm pushing endurance more so.

I dosed one serving of Anabolic Ignite (no stims), because I've used it quite a bit and I know the effect it gives me. Then, just before leaving for the gym (it's a 3 minute drive from my house), I dosed 9 sprays of Oxygen4Energy. I was trying my best to get 10 1-second sprays, but the one thing I don't like that I've noticed so far is the sprayer could possibly be a bit improved. It's not bad, really, but you have to press down pretty hard and it's difficult to time it with the inhale of your breath, etc.

Anyway, I did in fact feel a bit more alert and the weird thing is that the beta alanine seemed to be a bit more pronounced than usual. Body temperature also felt a bit elevated. Both are at least worth noting.

This is what I hit, tonight:

Barbell Incline Bench Press: 280x5 / 280x4 / 280x5
Barbell Flat Bench Press: 285x6 / 290x5 / 290x5
Low Incline DB Flys: 75's x 7 / 85's x 6 / 85's x 6

and then I burned out on a few really slow dips to hit the lower pecs a bit.

The incline number is either a PR or just shy of it (I'll have to dig through an old notebook to see if I'd hit 285 before or not). Both presses have increases from the last session (flys weren't done, last session; decline bench was). I obviously don't attribute that to the product, as I regularly make gains on my lifts, but again, just worth noting.

So, my first experience wasn't overpowering or anything like that, but a few things were noticed and that's just off 9 sprays and I have a feeling mine were underdosed if anything.

Tomorrow evening, I'll hit a high intensity back session. I'll update when I can.

All right, so, I lucked out and got out of work early, today, so I just slammed 3 scoops of Whey2BuildMuscle and ate 2 small bananas, so I wouldn't have to wait quite so long to hit the gym. I got my intra ready (18g bulk 2:1:1 + 2 scoops old Xtend) and hit 1 serving (3 tiny scoops) of Anabolic Ignite + 1 scoop of Super Size, because I wanted a bit of a stim boost (but not much). I drove to the gym and actually got caught up talking to the owner for about 15 minutes, which was good. We chatted about some good things and it also gave me a chance to wait to use Oxygen4Energy and not have it so close to my pre-workout.

I took 10 shots of O4E and then did my warm-up, which is just slowly doing weight acclimation on my first exercise. It only took me about 5 minutes, today. The workout progression looked like this:

Lat Pulldowns: 160x12x4
Seated D-ring Rows: 190x12x4

Standing cable (lat bar) pushdowns: 120x12x4
DB Rows: 75x12x4

* Between the 2nd and 3rd lift, I went and took 5 shots of O4E; this was where it really shined for me.

I felt my HR slow down dramatically (I really need to get the battery replaced in my watch, so I can measure that; that would've been nice) and I also was far less out of breath. Now here's the thing; I've never just stopped and taken 5 deep breaths between lifts, before, so maybe that's all it was. To test that out, between my 3rd and 4th exercises, I did the same thing, but with no O4E. My HR slowed a bit, but no where near as much and the same effect carried over to the shortness of breath; it helped, but not as much as the O4E.

So, the takeaway from today is that I may just dose O4E in between sets from here on out to take full advantage. I'm not sure, yet, whether I'd say it's good for heavy days when rest periods are more like 2-3 minutes, as they are for my Max-OT training. In my high intensity sessions, like today, though, I rest for 60 seconds between sets and 120 seconds as I change stations/exercises.

I still can't touch my shoulders; well after 1 hour since my workout ended...You know it was a good workout. ;)

So, today, I didn't do use any O4E pre-workout. I wanted to try something different based on my observations, yesterday.

Olympic bar curls: 100x12/100x12/100x12/100x8+4 *5 shots O4E
DB Hammer curls (on preacher bench): 35x12/35x12/30x12/30x12 *3 shots O4E
Overhead Ring Cable Curls: 80x12/70x12/60x12/50x12 *2 shots O4E

Tri Rope Pushdowns: 160x12/160x12/160x12/160x9+3 *5shots O4E
Tri Ring Reverse Curls: 50x12/60x12/60x12/60x12
Tri Overhead DB Extensions: 70x12/75x12/75x12/70x12

Total workout time: 45 minutes
Total O4E shots: 15

All right, so as you can see by the numbers on the overhead cable curls, that's pretty pathetic; even for high intensity/short rest. Well, the reason for that was because I don't know if my biceps have ever been been that pumped before, and if they have, it's been a very long time since I've felt it. The last time I did my high intensity arm workout, I hit 70x12x4, so that should be a good indicator.

I had an increase on my last set of BB curls from 95x12 to 100x12.
I had an increase from 30x12x3/35x12 on DB Hammer-Preachers to what is posted above.

My tri pushdowns were the same as last session. I had an increase on the reverse curls and overhead DB extensions.

The funniest thing about all of this is that I normally have a rest day between my back session and my arm session; there's a reason I have my split set up that way. However, since I took the rest day on Thursday, I didn't want to throw my split off 1-day all through next week and until I decided to take extra rest days, etc. I like having certain muscle groups on certain days and certain off days are set for a reason, as well.

So, all of that was done with no day of rest in between.

I certainly like the idea of using the O4E in between sets and not pre-workout, so far. To be honest, I'd love to be able to run this for a few weeks or a month to really give it a better assessment. I may do that on my own in the future.

Arms post-workout measured 20.5" (right) and 20" (left).

Okay, so I took yesterday off because my sleep pattern got thrown off and I didn't get to church until the late session and I just wanted to watch football and get some paperwork/homework done.

So, today, I banged out a high intensity delts and traps workout and then followed it up with some leg work.

Overhead DB Press (seated): 65's x 12 / 65's x 12 / 65's x 12 / 65's x 10 *5 shots O4E
Cable side lateral raises: 60x12 / 60x12 60x12 / 50x12
Reverse Pec Deck: 125x12 / 125x12 / 125x12 / 125x12 *5 shots O4E
Smith Machine Shrugs (bar behind back): 230x12 /230x12 / 230x12 / 250x12

Total workout time: 29 minutes

Smith Machine Front Squats: 90x6 / 90x12 / 140x8***
Seated Leg Curls: 125x12 / 140x12 / 140x12 / 140x12
Leg Extensions: 140x12 / 155x12 / 170x12 / 170x12
Seated Calf Extensions: 170x20 / 200x20 / 215x20 / 230x20

***I've got an imbalance in my hips that's compounded into a lot more of problems; one of which is my legs not being even and it was becoming overwhelmingly obvious, this evening, on front squats. My left leg wasn't going down even close to the right, so I cut it short. I've got to work on this.

So, I only used 10 shots of O4E, total. I didn't feel the effects quite as much as I did on my arm workout, day. I'll be interested to see how high intensity chest goes on Wednesday.

Top Bottom