Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

On anavar for 2 years, with breaks.

Big BX

First there were several breaks of about 2 months. Blood work is fairly good. Girl has been training for over 15 years. Anavar dose ranged from mg to 30mg ED. Mostly it was 20mg ED. First year she had some results. She has been putting on weight for the last 6 months, but it is not muscle. Her stomach bloats alot and she has no energy. She takes 150mcg of T4 ED prescribe by a doctor. Last 6 weeks I added 1 IU of GH but nothing at all. She dosen't eat much and works out for an hour a day.

Ask any questions, I really need some help.

have her go check her heart. She could have some heart muscle dysfunction from having her cholesterol fucked up for long periods. Tell her to have her LV functions checked.

Was she hypothyroid? Is that the reason for the T4?

I would recommend coming off all but the doctor recommended drugs, and having a few more lab investigations after about three months off the drugs.

She may also be overtraining if it is an hour a day everyday. What sort of training is it, weights, cardio?

Over-training is almost as detrimental as not training at all.

Also what do you mean by she doesn't eat a lot. Do you know how many calories?

Would you be able to give us an example of what she is eating?

If her diet is too low in calories then muscle wastage and fat storage is pretty much guarenteed for the majority of the population.

he wouldnt have scripted t4 if her bloodwork was good - something wasnt right.

2 years on var? what are her lipid numbers? My guess is she didnt tell the doc she was on var, and he prescribed the t4 because of whacked out lipid numbers. OR, not eating made her clinically hypothyroid and her t3/t4 numbers and/or or tsh/trh numbers were off.

when the wheels start to come off the cart, its just time to step back and take a break and let the body fix itself - preferably under a doctors (or endocrinologists) care --- this may be above good bro pay grade

redsamurai said:
have her go check her heart. She could have some heart muscle dysfunction from having her cholesterol fucked up for long periods. Tell her to have her LV functions checked.

Liver was messed up in May, but mainly it was due to her gall bladder folded over on it. Gall bladder was removed in July. she was off anavar from May til September. Cholesterol has been fin normal ranges.

Tatyana said:
Was she hypothyroid? Is that the reason for the T4?

I would recommend coming off all but the doctor recommended drugs, and having a few more lab investigations after about three months off the drugs.

She may also be overtraining if it is an hour a day everyday. What sort of training is it, weights, cardio?

Over-training is almost as detrimental as not training at all.

Also what do you mean by she doesn't eat a lot. Do you know how many calories?

Would you be able to give us an example of what she is eating?

If her diet is too low in calories then muscle wastage and fat storage is pretty much guarenteed for the majority of the population.

She has been on doctor prescribed T4 since 2003.

Her recent bloodwork, about a week ago was good except her hemogoban was high. She has seen 2 endocrinologists, both haven't done anything except decrease her T4. started at 200mcg now she is taking 150mcgs.

Training is 4-5 days of cardio for 40mins at a fast walk. Then about 20 mins of wieghts.

She eats maybe 1300 cals a day. She is 5'4", 167, 39 years old. 18 months ago she was 138lbs an had ab outlines.

She has 2 protien shakes a day, somekind of 200 cal proien bar, then usually a turkey burger for super as this is one of te only things she can eat and she dosen't bloat.

Mavafanculo said:
he wouldnt have scripted t4 if her bloodwork was good - something wasnt right.

2 years on Anavar - oxandrolone - ? what are her lipid numbers? My guess is she didnt tell the doc she was on Anavar - oxandrolone - , and he prescribed the t4 because of whacked out lipid numbers. OR, not eating made her clinically hypothyroid and her t3/t4 numbers and/or or tsh/trh numbers were off.

when the wheels start to come off the cart, its just time to step back and take a break and let the body fix itself - preferably under a doctors (or endocrinologists) care --- this may be above good bro pay grade

Her TSH is is still out of wack. I seen the bloodwork, and lipids were normal. I told her not to tell the doctor she was taking anything.

She's been taking T4 before about 2 years before anavar.

We were looking at menopause symptoms and she hs a lot of them. She thinks it's beacause of her lack of estrogen. I thought if estrogen is low it is easier to lose fat.

Big BX said:
She has been on doctor prescribed T4 since 2003.

Her recent bloodwork, about a week ago was good except her hemogoban was high. She has seen 2 endocrinologists, both haven't done anything except decrease her T4. started at 200mcg now she is taking 150mcgs.

I am not surprised they have not been able to help her as they do not have the full clinical picture. She has been taking male hormones for two years, and on a very restrictive diet. My job is quite related to the endocrinologist, and we have case studies after case study where nothing benefits the patient until the 'By the way doctor, I have been also taking/doing X. The endocrine system is VERY complicated, and at times, trying to work out what is going on with someone with all the information is difficult enough.It could be almost impossible without all the clinical information.

Training is 4-5 days of cardio for 40mins at a fast walk. Then about 20 mins of wieghts.

How is she training with weights? Is it intense BBing type of training or is it the much lighter weights, high rep, machine type of training a lot of women do?

She eats maybe 1300 cals a day. She is 5'4", 167, 39 years old. 18 months ago she was 138lbs an had ab outlines.

Was she also eating 1300 kcals/day 18 months ago? Your wife and I are about the same height and weight (18 months ago) and I am eating 1800 kcals/day on a competition diet. In my off season I would eat around 2000-2200 kcals.

She has 2 protien shakes a day, somekind of 200 cal proien bar, then usually a turkey burger for super as this is one of te only things she can eat and she dosen't bloat.

The calories sound lower than 1300 to be honest.

If she had been avoiding carbs (for how long has she been on low carbs?), the thyroid gland will slow down.

How long has she been eating such a low calorie consumption?

In all honesty, it may be that she has developed an eating disorder, and with that, her digestive system has backfired on her.

I am a natural BBer, but I do know that you need to eat enough calories, and a lot of good quality food, and a wide range of it to grow muscle and stay healthy. The same sort of things that apply to men making the most of a steroid cycle also apply to women, just that the drugs are different and a few more precautions.

There is a thread related to dieting and metabolic damage on this site as well:

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/w...training/dieting-metabolic-damage-570773.html

I would recommeng getting Tom Venuto's burn the fat, feed the muscle.

There are some exerpts in this thread:

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/w...-training/help-sort-out-your-diet-582178.html

It may be a good idea for her to take a break from cardio for a week or two, focus on weights

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/w...ardio-queen-may-counterproductive-580116.html

Last edited:
That is a rediculous amount of anavar for women.
I would not listen to a word from the person who recomended that.
I have been around the block and I am heavily involved in the bodybuilding world.
She is using more anavar then some IFBB Pro bbers I know.
What I am saying is she is getting horrible advice from someone or she makes terrible decisions herself.
Hope she gets healthy.

I realize women's endocrine makeup is way different than mens, but that's still and awful long time to be on a steroid. They're not vitamins you take every morning with breakfast.

Top Bottom