Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

offseason bodyfat %

when you are doing an offseason lean mass building cycle. what is an acceptable range of body fat. i've heard 12-15% is good. Any inputs here?

If you are talking about "offseason" like from bb comp, you need to consider how much weight/bodyfat you can lose in the "season" time and how much of a shock your metabolism can sustain when you do go to lose it. I wouldn't recommend being more than 15 lbs off. (Just my personal opinion.) I would think something between 12 & 15 % is reasonable - below 11% my menstrual cycle shot off, so I wouldn't want to go lower than that for any long period of time either.

What sassy said...you dont want to go crazy in the off season....taking off too much fat is not good!!! Everyone is different and some have high metabolisms so their off season body fat may be considerably lower...but 12-16 would be ideal....you can put on muscle w/ out putting on tons of extra fat....eat a lot of clean calories!!!!

Try to keep your BF% constant throughout the year. Constant cycling will not only swell the existing adipose cells, but you will add new ones.

Since i am such a piggy piggy.. during winter I can get up to around 18%. Still only takes me 8 weeks to get back down to contest weight and BF. It helps me lift heavier on those of season months.

Top Bottom