Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

oatmeal ideas???

wavywoman

I've managed to FINALLY wean myself off of pre-packaged cereals-- I've found OATMEAL at last! I was never totally into it, but once I tried the slower-cooking varieties (scottish oatmeal, irish steel-cut oatmeal, and oat groats) I found myself hooked!
Breakfast cereals can't compare to how filling oatmeal is, which is nice considering I'm the type to take a second bowl of cereal when I shouldn't.
But what should I do with it? I was thinking about extracts-- I've seen maple extract, butter extract, walnut extract-- I was wondering if any of you tried these, and if they're good... right now I'm on Stevia + cinnamon. I want to stay away from maple syrup and brown sugar as much as possible. The maple and butter extracts sound good, but I've never tried them. Any suggestions?

i eat it plain now, you get used to it. But i started with blueberries, yum and my husband eats pure maple syrup on it.

oatmeal

packet of instant, regular flavor oatmeal mixed w/ 1/3 can of Dole Chunky Pineapples, in its own juice (not heavy syrup - very important!) ....you have to smash up the pineapples and mix it well - make sure you have enough juice in it so its not dry...I love it like this - i eat it almost after every workout w/some protein

I eat my oatmeal w/ some sweet-n-low and cinnamon. If I am not dieting may put in some fruit or syrup:)

:)

Frozen fruit sounds good... right now I have blueberries, strawberries, raspberries and frozen sliced bananas in the freezer. I thought maybe a couple of banana slices would be nice. I did make it with some sliced apples, which was kind of good. I mash up nuked strawberries and bananas, cool the mixture off and mix it with 1/2c vanilla yogurt= really good!

i got this one from the one and only Phem.... cook ur oatmeal and egg whites together... put em in a pot at the same time...let the oatmeal soften a lil and cook em up!! phem puts some of aunts special maple syrup on top but we arent all as fortunate:bawling: . anywaaaaay... i LUV IT this way cause i HATE egg whites in general so a lil oatmeal mixed in gives a whole new taste... ya have ur protein and ur carbs --- BAM -- perfect meal:)

Try this:

Makes about 2 pancakes. You ladies might wanna cut the servings in half.

1/2 cup oatmeal
2 whole eggs
3 egg whites
dash of vanilla
couple shakes of cinnamon
spoon of honey
1/4 apple, chopped up

This is roughly 9g fat, 45g carbs, and 35g protein. So just over 400 calories.

Combine all ingredients in a bowl, stir, and you're ready to go. Makes some kickin' ass pancakes, don't even need any syrup. That shit if full of sugar anyway.

I mix up a big batch and put it in the fridge to make pancakes every morning. It'll keep for a week.

M $

1/2 Cup Oatmeal
2 scoops Protein power
1 tsp sugar free Quick
Heat in microwave top with a scoop of frozen yogart

I eat this EVERY morning

Rocket

Top Bottom