Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

not getting much gains

original Delboy

Hi guys have not been around this board for a whils..as of changing jobs and stuff..
I have been training for about 3 years now and feel that i am not getting any gains:(
my biceps are rubish..as well as triceps..my back is ok but not much good either.
my shoulders are poor as well..i just need some advice what the hell i am doing wrong..i at the moment have a shoulder injury it has been like that since nearly 6 mnths and i feel that i have lost alot of power as it has effected alot of my exercises.

please help.

plz help

Ok guys this is my routine..plz have a look and help this bro out!

chest

smith machine incline....10/10/8/8
flyes 10/10/10
i am not doing flat bench as i have a shoulder injury..and it kills every time i lift heavey ish :-(

arms

barbell curls 10/10/8/8
incline curls 10/10/8/8
concentrat curls 12/10/10
triceps push down 12/12/12
tricepe rope 12/12/12

back

pull behind neck 10/10/8/8
pull infront 10/10/8/8

shoulders

My shoulder (left) i have an injury so i do not go heavey on them as i have lost power in my chesting exercises and can not do certain exersises..ie flat bench :-( as my shoulder hurts..it has been like this for 6mnths or so.
so i only do light stuff when doing shoulders.
here is what i do;

front raises..15/15/15
side laterial raises 15/15/15
shrugs 10/10/10

ps i have had a massage from a physo but it has not done no good as yet :-(

legs

squats...10/10/8/8
calf raises 10/10/8

thats all i do 4 legs..
i do not do no CV wrk so should i consider that....?

plz if some 1 can re-arrange this if it needs to be done would be very much apreciated...and help this bro out.

like i said my physiqe is not good and i am not happy with it.

my diet is quite good..although i do not like porridge in the mornings and i can not eat it.
i eat plenty of salads and eggs and chicken..etc.
but would like a diet plan or guidance of where i am going wrong.

cheers for your help
guys:confused: :confused: :confused:

ok here are the issues I cannot actaully see how you workout. That is what most people asking for advise on the boards dont understand. Saying you do these exercises doesnt mean you are doing them correctly nor does it say you intensity level. I am not saying you are doing them wrong or without intensity what I am saying is that maybe you should enlist the aid of a seasoned partner or maybe even a strength coach. If you have a shoulder injury your physical therapist should be able to help you. As for you diet the most common mistake made by everyone is not taking in enough protein so you may wish to examine that.

Abbaddon, thx for the advice..i am just puzzled dude..i need more info than that!
my shoulder injury which i am going to see my physo next week should help me out a little and must take it easy on certain exersises.
I understand that i am probabley not taken enough protein in, but i get confussed about protein and carbs etc etc.
Can you guys explain to me that what foods should i eat to keep up the protein levels high..as i think that is what i am lacking in.
Also could you guys help me with my programme perhapps arrange it for me..please

:bawling:

thx aging for reading and helping me out

I'd add some mass exercises. Deadlifts, Stiff-legged deadlifts, some type of shoulder press (military,push press, db press, etc...), dips, chins, narrow-grip bench press, skullcrushers, leg presses. Basically you need to focus on more compound movements. Concentrate on the big 3 (deads,bench, and squats) and your strength should increase dramatically. I know your shoulder is messed up, so get that taken care of because it will set you back big time.

Get about 1.5-2 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight. Good sources of protein are fish (tuna is a mainstay and is cheap), chicken, red meat, and the allmighty protein shakes! Spread your meals out throughout the day, 5-6 smaller meals.

Rest is a an important factor try to get at least a solid 8 hours of sleep every night. Don't forget to drink plenty of water too. At least a gallon-gallon and a half a day.

Do a search for a post called, "Getting big is simple". It's a great post and will help you develop a strong foundation.

thx Latimer! i am more in the picture..what do u suggest about my injury.? as it effects most exercises ie chest.

Also can u explain to me about carbs and protein..which is needed more and why?
also if you could write me an prog to follow that will be great! i train 3 times a week.
I do not want to look big and fat..but big and lean cut up etc..i think you know what i mean.
thx..if you guys want i can post a pict here! let me know
chhers mate:)

Re: plz help

original Delboy said:
Ok guys this is my routine..plz have a look and help this bro out!

chest

smith machine incline....10/10/8/8
flyes 10/10/10
i am not doing flat bench as i have a shoulder injury..and it kills every time i lift heavey ish :-(

arms

barbell curls 10/10/8/8
incline curls 10/10/8/8
concentrat curls 12/10/10
triceps push down 12/12/12
tricepe rope 12/12/12

back

pull behind neck 10/10/8/8
pull infront 10/10/8/8

shoulders

My shoulder (left) i have an injury so i do not go heavey on them as i have lost power in my chesting exercises and can not do certain exersises..ie flat bench :-( as my shoulder hurts..it has been like this for 6mnths or so.
so i only do light stuff when doing shoulders.
here is what i do;

front raises..15/15/15
side laterial raises 15/15/15
shrugs 10/10/10

ps i have had a massage from a physo but it has not done no good as yet :-(

legs

squats...10/10/8/8
calf raises 10/10/8

thats all i do 4 legs..
i do not do no CV wrk so should i consider that....?

plz if some 1 can re-arrange this if it needs to be done would be very much apreciated...and help this bro out.

like i said my physiqe is not good and i am not happy with it.

my diet is quite good..although i do not like porridge in the mornings and i can not eat it.
i eat plenty of salads and eggs and chicken..etc.
but would like a diet plan or guidance of where i am going wrong.

cheers for your help
guys:confused: :confused: :confused:

I have a routine that will help you grow! If you follow this one you WILL GROW.

Chest:
If you can do incline bench press. DO IT! Unfortunately bench presses are the best and most importan chest building exercises. Try to have 3 decent sets of inclines.

FLyes are complete trash unless you are preparing for a competition and need to get shredded.

Try to do dips instead of normal bench presses.

Back:

CHINS CHINS AND CHINS! Pulldowns are worse than chin ups.
Bent over rows and deadlifts

When doing deadlifts go for 20 reps and single reps (be careful on these)

Arms:

MAYBE 1 set for biceps. (go down the weight if you want the set to be very awesome)
Triceps: Dips behind the back 1-3 sets.

legs:
20 rep squats. 1 set with maximum weight you can handle
ANd do bunch of singles.

Callves:
5 set of 20 calve raises.

Follow these routines and

MAY YOU GROW IN PEACE!!!!

Top Bottom