Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Noob supplement and diet check/advice

new2it

I'm new to training and welcome any constructive advice. I'm finding it really confusing getting contradictory advice from my PT, mates who have been training for years, even the guy in the supplement shop has his own opinion lol.

A bit about me...

I'm 31yo, 180cm tall 19.6% bf. I was 98kgs just over 3 months ago. I've managed to drop my weight to 77kgs in 3 months thanks to a radical change in diet and the assistance of a 4 week cycle of Duromine 3 months ago to help me get my eating patterns under control and to give me that little extra kick. My diet is regular and healthy now after doing a lot of work with a dietician/PT.

My diet is the same each day:-

• Breakfast - Uncle Tobys Weight Wise Oats w/skim milk & Horleys Ice low carb (isolate) protein shake
• Morning Snack - 175gm Forme vanilla yoghurt
• Lunch - Grilled chicken and salad (no dressings)
• Afternoon snack - Handful of mixed blueberries, blackberries and strawberries and a Horleys Ice low carb (isolate) protein shake
• Dinner - Steamed chicken and veggies (no sauces) and a Horleys Ice low carb (isolate) protein shake

My current supplement regime is:-

Workout Days (Tuesday, Thursday & Friday)

--Morning
(Pre-Workout)
• 3g Gen-Tec Creatine 320 and 2.5 scoops Jack3d with 6 ounces water
• 1 tablet Herbs of Gold Bulgarian Tribulus (15g)
• 1 scoop Dymatize Elite Recoup with 600ml water (sipped on the way to and during training)

(After workout)
• 3g Gen-Tec Creatine 320 with 3 scoops Horleys Ice low carb (isolate) protein mixed with 250ml cold water
• 1 teaspoon Health Directions LivaTone Plus, 2 teaspoons of Metamucil mixed with 6 ounces water

--Afternoon
• 3 scoops Horleys Ice low carb (isolate) protein mixed with 250ml cold water

--Evening
• 1 teaspoon Health Directions LivaTone Plus, 2 teaspoons of Metamucil mixed with 6 ounces water

Off days

--Morning
• 3g Gen-Tec Creatine 320 and 3 scoops Horleys Ice low carb (isolate) protein mixed with 250ml cold water
• 1 scoop Dymatize Elite Recoup with 600ml water (Sipped on the way to work)

--Afternoon

--Evening

I started training 3 days a week with a PT, 2 days doing upper body and 1 day doing legs. I also train on a 4th day every other week without my PT where I usually do upper body. Ive been in this routine for just over a month now.

My goal is to gain lean muscle mass. I intend to continue working with my PT for at least the next 6 months, increasing to 4x1 hour sessions a week with him.

I'm prepared to put in the hard work. Since I've dropped my weight and started my PT sessions I've felt like a different person. I feel really sluggish on the days I don't train.

I'm looking for advice/guidance/do's & don'ts/what to do etc from anyone who can offer it. I want to go into this with as much knowledge and advice from experienced people so I get maximum gain with minimum costly noob mistakes.

Thanks in advance all.

I wasn't sure on the carbs hey. What do you recommend?

carbs = glycogen which is energy for ur muscles, you need to find out what YOUR body needs - I eat around 400 to 500g of carbs per day but thats me.

Try 1.5g - 2g per pound of bodyweight

for diet figure out your bmr. and adjust your diet from that to figure out your caloric needs. if im fat burning my body responds well to 50%pro/20%carbs/30%fats. For maintenance i go with 40/40/20. Although that being said everyone is different and may respond to different ratios. I also use a stimulant on low carb diets to get rid of sluggishness. What do you workouts look like? I'd possibly recommend more lower body time or compound movements if your working out every other day.

Top Bottom