Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Newbie in need of guidance

Mrs.Castle82 said:
ok my meal pla will go something like this..
meal 1: 2 eggs 1 cup oats GREAT, you may also want to try oats with vanilla or choc whey if you have less time in the mornings, one of my favs.

meal 2: 2 scoops whey I am never a big fan of just whey protein on its own. Skimmed milk, or mix it into natural yogurt, it is great thick. You could try having a second breakfast (like meal 1, or another lunch, like meal 3), for variety

meal 3: 6 oz chicken breast and a cup of green beans (great, I still like to eat carbs at this time of the day, see how it works for you)

meal 4: 2 scoops whey with 1 tablespoon peanut butter (There is a school of thought that fat before working out blunts the GH response, I will see if I can find the article. I think that protein and carbs before training is always better)

work out

(To build muscle, protein shake right after training)

meal 5: 8 oz steak and 1 sweet potato. (YUM, could also add a bit of broccoli or veg)

comes out to 1800 cals at 40% protein 30 % carbs and 30 % fat

what do ya'll think??

One of the best first attempts I have seen for planning a diet, AWESOME work.

Diet is really individual, so you could just run with what you have, see how you respond in a few weeks, if you are not getting the results you want, then tweek it.

Are you taking any supplements?

Multi-vits/minerals and essential fatty acids (or some fish) are necessary IMHO.

Ms Mandy and Tatyana are dead ON with both advice to diet AND training.

My suggestion would be to do the fullbody (the way Ms Mandy suggested) then in two weeks switch up to the upper body/lower body split (also the frequency suggested) and if at the end of two weeks you feel you would like you can break it up into a more muscle-group specific split. Or keep training that way until you feel that you are no longer progessing.

And waaaaaaaaaaaay drop the cardio. My suggestion would be to eliminate cardio altogether for at least a week giving your body time to adjust. Then add it back in slowly as you feel the need.

Oh yes... and WELCOME!!! :)

Top Bottom