Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Newbie in need of guidance

Mrs.Castle82

I am new here so hi everyone. my husband has been a member of this site for a while and i asked him what i needed to change to get into better shape. so he made me an account and suggested i started talkin to some ya'll. I am not really interested in taking steroids and he said its probably not a good idea right now anyways. he really doesn't know much about female fitness though. so I need to know diet basics, and a good training routine. Motivation is not a problem I just don't know where to start..
my stats:
23 yrs old 110lbs 5'2"
i do about 45min. of cardio 5 days a week and lift weights (my husband says my weight routines are random)
please help me ladies!!!

What do you mean by "random"? Tell us what kind of bodypart split you're on, if any, or if you "machine hop" and just do certain exercises you know. What kind of rep range do you stick to and how heavy are you lifting?

unfortunately I am a machine hopper. It drives my husband insane. but i had been told by friends that women should do "full-body" workouts. I am guessing this is way off. So i was thinking maybe trying this

mon. arms
tues. legs
wed. chest and abs
thurs. lower back
fri. upperback and shoulders.

how does that sound?? as for reps/sets i really don't know what is best. I am not looking to add size so i thought 3-4 sets of 8-12 reps would be good. but how much weight should i be using? should i be struggling and pushing myself to lift as much as possible, or just getting good burn in my muscles? I know i really don't know anything about this, but thats why i need help.

Hello and welcome!

I am not sure if your husband has a training partner, but you could train exactly the same as him, just lighter weights to begin with till you get all the correct form down.

Women sometimes have some pretty funny ideas about weight training and diets, you can eat MORE when you have more muscle (and women rarely BULK up with weight training), usually they get a bit smaller as muscle takes up less space than fat.

Diet is a pretty big area.

Would you be so kind as to post up a typical day's diet, so what you would eat and when?

Mrs.Castle82 said:
So i was thinking maybe trying this

mon. arms
tues. legs
wed. chest and abs
thurs. lower back
fri. upperback and shoulders.

how does that sound??
Having a day just for arms and a day just for lower back isn't so great.

I would do either three full body workouts a week with a few cardio sessions a week or 2 upper body workouts and 2 lower body workouts with cardio 2-3x. If you're interested in this, I can add further suggestions from there.

hey sorry its been so long ive been out of town and i didnt have a comp there. which would you say is better mandy two upper and two lower or just three full body? and tatyana i am still trying to workout my diet but i think i am going to shoot for the 1650 cal. range with 40% protein 40% carbs 20% fat. i am using fitday to try to figure out the easiest diet that will fit. i will work it out tonight and post it for you to take a look. thanks again

ok my meal pla will go something like this..
meal 1: 2 eggs 1 cup oats
meal 2: 2 scoops whey
meal 3: 6 oz chicken breast and a cup of green beans
meal 4: 2 scoops whey with 1 tablespoon peanut butter
work out
meal 5: 8 oz steak and 1 sweet potato.

comes out to 1800 cals at 40% protein 30 % carbs and 30 % fat

what do ya'll think??

Top Bottom