Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

new job jitters

stilleto said:
I start my new job next monday. i can't WAIT, except for that first week when after you get settled in with your paperwork to fill out and you get a desk and a computer...

and then whoever has shown you around says, "well... if you need anything, let me know!" and walks away.

I know i need to hire at least one person, but it's hard to know what to look for until i know what needs to be done.
i am thinking i'll just ask if i can sit in on a few departments for a few hours each day while I learn about the company.
hopefully after the first week, i'll have some direction. it's always so awkward though.

my first week at my current job, i think i organized my pencils.
well perhaps they already have a training/transition plan in place for you (if they were smart, they would have this all organized already).

The fat fag who eats your stuff and invades your space is going to be devastated. You should hire him for the new place.

EnderJE said:
Good luck. What kind of job is it? How large is the company? Is it a full time thing or contract?

head of the marketing department.
company is around 60 people and growing. so it's fairly small, which is why they didn't really have a marketing department before.

full time. 30 minutes away. near the mall. yay!

stilleto said:
:)
thanks.
the only people above me will be the president and CEO, so i really won't have anyone telling me what to do. which is good, and bad.
Dude that rocks...
You rock...
you're a leader, now you get to lay down the law and do what you do best, which is communicate what needs to be done, and expressing things that help inspire people to do better work.
Letto's Law now

Smurfy said:
well perhaps they already have a training/transition plan in place for you (if they were smart, they would have this all organized already).

i hope so.
i talked to the president on the phone yesterday... i'm afraid that might have been my transition plan, but.. they are really smart and business saavy guys. i think they'll know that even the best marketing people can't just come in to a new job and know what needs to be done.

i just hope there are people available to me, since the president doesn't even live in this state.

stilleto said:
i hope so.
i talked to the president on the phone yesterday... i'm afraid that might have been my transition plan, but.. they are really smart and business saavy guys. i think they'll know that even the best marketing people can't just come in to a new job and know what needs to be done.

i just hope there are people available to me, since the president doesn't even live in this state.
yep. i guess what you'll need are two things:
1) information
2) resources

the rest you can do.

Top Bottom