Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

new deadlift video - 525lbs x 7

needsize

Elite Mentor
Platinum
I've pulled 500 for 10, so I'm not overly impressed with this effort today, but since I havent deadlifted heavy since the summer I guess its not bad.
I've been favouring my lower back a bit since I strained it a few weeks ago, i can really tell on the video as I am letting it round out a bit. Gives me something to work on though

525 x 7 reps

Kick ass. Deadlift videos are my favorite (one of my favorite exercises too).

It's pretty difficult to get the back perfectly straight. I work on it too, by keeping my head all the way up but I know I round it.

Hope I can get up to that weight one of these days (years).

nothing wrong with a rounded back as long as its a locked rounded back. some people actually lift better rounded (i believe bfold is one) because it sets you up higher from the floor, with less bend in the knees.

either way it looked good. a bit rushed at the bottom, but thats probably because of the "non round" plates. i hate those, i have them at my gym as well. it makes breaking up the deadlift into individual lifts hard because as soon as you set the bar down, it shifts forward or back on one side. aaargh!

good job man!

dang, back when i was able to lift regularly, i was at 315 for 8 reps, and i did 405 for 3 once, which stoaked me out immensly, i didnt know i had that in me. watchin your videos make me miss lifting so much, i cant wait to get back into the gym.

Thanks guys
Nate, those plates really are the devil, your right about setting them down, they roll to the flat spot...thats what you get in a gym that caters to yuppies

Nice video, deadlifts are easily my favorite exercise. Your back seems pretty rounded though, doesn't that hurt? :confused:

Needsize, how important do you think deadlifts are for becoming massive?

Thing I love about deadlifts, is that if I go heavy, my whole body can be sore the next day. :D

MJBossman said:
Nice video, deadlifts are easily my favorite exercise. Your back seems pretty rounded though, doesn't that hurt? :confused:

Needsize, how important do you think deadlifts are for becoming massive?

Thing I love about deadlifts, is that if I go heavy, my whole body can be sore the next day. :D

i think deads are hugely important for getting really big, I cant put any size on my traps and lower back if I dont do them

My back rounds when I dead, probably because I keep my shoulders forward.

Never hurt myself doing it, as long as you have a strong back and know your limits I don't think it's a problem.

Cuthbert said:
My back rounds when I dead, probably because I keep my shoulders forward.

Never hurt myself doing it, as long as you have a strong back and know your limits I don't think it's a problem.

one of the best quotes I have ever heard

Needsize man you are putting me to shame here, constanlty being humbled is a great motivator

Top Bottom