Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

need some help ladies

billyclinton

I need some help motivating my gf. she likes to work out but she just needs some positive reinforcement to take to the next level. Not talking about gear just needs help with diet and training program. any help would be great. thanks ladies

billy -

Things to do for starters:

1) Get her on these boards - lots of people doing the same thing - I havent' trained w/ anyone else in years (except for trainers) so I have to draw motivation from myself. I get a lot of inspiration from the ladies here and just wanting to apply some of the knowledge that I collect here.
2) Does she understand the "lifestyle" nature of this? "Likes to workout" can mean loves to spend hours on the stair master but won't lift weights or is scared to "get big" and won't lift heavy. Does she follow a good diet - or just eat all the low-fat /non-fat shit that the food industry promotes?
3) What are her goals? She needs to learn, not just keep going to the gym to do the same thing and get frustrated because she expects to look like Monica Brant but isnt'?

Read WarLobo's stickies at the top of this board and then tell us more about her or get her on here. She may need a good education in the diet & lifting aspects of "the next level".

Motivation is something that comes from w/ in...if it comes from others it will only be temporary and it wont last..Get your girl on the boards!! Get her involved..its her body...and sassy said it exactly its a LIFETIME commitment..a change..not a diet etc. She needs to be educated and aware of that and what all goes into it. Tons of info on diets and training on here do a search and you will find what you are looking for.

It really needs to be inside her. I go through severe periods of motivation/non motivation. Due to some circumstances I've even had Lena Johannesen and Torrie Wilson help me with my diet and exercise plan in the past, you think that'd give you a major kick in the ass, but no it wasn't inside me. Right now I'm motivated like nothing else and am following a set plan I research for myself that includes a real basic no thinking eating plan of pretty plain food (don't need to think about what I'm eating and worry about ways to actually make it taste good) and free weight training, I bought an entire weight set, no excuses if it's staring at you in your living room. I also have a cardio machine. I'll go back to the gym eventually, but I really want to make this a habit and prove to myself that I can stick with something for a long period of time. If this is something SHE really wants to do, but is lacking the motivation, no one can give it to her. The first thing she needs to do is go out and research for herself, following a plan someone found for you just because they say it'll help isn't the best thing. She needs to understand why she's eating this or that and why she's lifting on these certain and doing cardio for this amount of time, etc.

thanks ladies for all your advice i think it would be best for her to get on the boards and do some searching and learning from you ladies. thanks again

Top Bottom