Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
It's been a crazy week, super super busy, lots of school stuff and work. I only missed one training log entry though, I hit back, shoulders, and bis/tris really hard on wednesday, back felt weak so I went light and did supersets with db pullovers and t bar rows. Shoulders I hit rear delts with cables which I never do but def will start cuz its the best, and supersetted with slow dumbbells. Then did side delts heavy, and heavy presses after. For bis and forearms I hit em pretty hard too, working the bottom part of the forearm behind the back a lot more.

I fell really hard on my wrist while biking yesterday, so the skin is all fucked up and the joint took a little impact as well. I think it'll be fine in a week though. From now until then though I'll just train differently, today I did a leg workout with half machines and half light freeweights, I started with biceps and forearms though, my wrist is messed up but I can still use 15 lb dbs and 30-40 lb barbells without any trouble, so I did a high rep very hard contraction light bicep workout and got the best forearm pump I've ever had, and got a really good bicep pump too. Then I did standing hamstring curls 1 leg at a time, went pretty heavy on these all the way from 5 lbs to 10 lbs, 15, 25, 35 doing as many reps as I could and pausing on each weight. Went straight to light good mornings after that, held the bar in my elbow and on my shoulder instead of hands/shoulder haha. Only went up to 115. Then I hit leg extensions for many sets working upwards, then did lunges, 2 sets with 95, for 10 reps then 20 reps, then went up to 115 and did 10 reps. short rest periods and supersetted with leg extensions (except the 20 rep set). Then leg press for very high reps, 3x50x225 and 30 or 50 reps with 315. then hit some calves on the leg press, 315 for 2 sets, then more laying hamstring curls, then seated calves for 3 sets and I was doneeee.

Sorry for the shitty typing, my hand is all fucked up and it's hard to write or think.

Haven't posted in a while, been incredibly busy with finals week approaching. Ironically right now I should be studying for finals but I'm taking a lot of breaks. Still getting a lotta shit done though.

I've been squatting every 2-3 days since my wrist is still fucked up, I can't bench more than 95 on a bad day and 135 on a good day so we'll see whats up with that, it seems to be trending towards getting better but im gonna get an xray over the break. for now im just doing what i can though.

I've squatted 4 times since it happened, first did 8x3x315, then the next time 8x3x315 paused, then 3x8x315 2 days ago, and today i was gonna do 3x12x315 but I did 12x315, 2x3x365, 12x315. My technique is getting great, although towards the end of today my technique started to suffer as fatigue set in. I'll be hitting back tomorrow then taking 1 day off, then hitting squats again on tuesday. Also been doing incline bench pretty much every other day, just 95 lbs though i did 115 the other day, for a lot of sets and reps. and ive been doing a lot of biceps, surprisingly i can still do them pretty well even with my wrist fucked up, in fact, it forces me to use my bicep more to avoid putting strain on the wrist, so my bis have been improving a lot. same for forearms and back, i can do most movements i just have to do em strict, and theyve been growing a lot (well not the back because I've only done one back day since it happened). i just needa hit shoulders more, but lately i havent been. overall im making the most out of the situation, my diet's been pretty damn good except for starting yesterday because finals prep is taking up wayy too much of my time. overall im still making gains, just not in the chest, so fuck it, i'll enjoy the ride and hopefully one day i can bench again, if not i'll just become tom platz #2.

4-11-15: The comeback

It's been hard to log lately because I've got a job, girlfriend, school, meals, and lifting to do, but I've recently removed a few time wasters from my life so I think I can start again, because it's worth it :). Been having some good workouts for the last few weeks, but I keep driving myself into an overtraining wall no matter how many rest days I take, which has made me realize that maybe as a natural training to and beyond failure every workout wouldn't be as beneficial as just going heavy, keeping tension on the muscles, and doing lower volume/intensity with higher frequency. A prime example of this is last Saturday, among other things, I supersetted 3 sets of 7 plate leg presses with a set of 225 and 295 front squats, and a set of 315 back squats, followed by leg extensions on all 3 sets, then right back to the leg press, no rest. That was after hitting hamstrings with some supersets to failure too and doing some cleans/snatches with 135 and 185 (I started doing those too, love the snatch!!) The 315 set of squats after the other sets and of course the leg press pre exhaust was insane, on the last rep my hamstrings completely cramped and I couldn't walk for 10 minutes.

My legs were sore all the way up until this Saturday, 7 days, I made some huge gains no doubt, visible improvements to the outer sweep etc, but I wasn't able to train legs for 7 days and my appetite suffered (due to unrelated anxiety), I was only eating the bare minimum (300-400 carbs/200 protein, compared to my normal 400-500 carbs and 225-300 protein), so I lost some bloat/water weight and now my squat feels super awkward due to loss of leverage, not as much technique practice. This leads me to feel that frequency over failure should be my new philosophy, to improve my technique and make some good gains while boosting my strength. Gotta make the most of my last week bulking, and after this 4 week cut, the 6 week bulk following should be pretty good, training every other day alternating a squat/bench day with a shoulders/back day.

Squats
warmups
315x3 or 5
365 x 2 or 3
385x3 (all sets felt awkward due to weight loss, though for dropping from 211 to 204 this isn't a bad squat. decided to stop here though)

Bench
225x8
245x5
265x3

Incline Bench
185x10
225x1 or 2, 225x3 (4th rep assisted)

Cable Chest Flys Alternated with Cable Rear Delts
Chest 45x12
Rdelt 25x12
Chest 55x12
Rdelt 35x12
Chest 65x12
Rdelt 45x12
Chest 75x12
Rdelt 55x12
Chest 85x12
Rdelt 65x12

Chest and Rear Delt Fly Machine
rdelt 120x12
chest 150x12
rdelt 135x12
chest 165x12
rdelt 150x12
chest 180x12
rdelt 165x8
chest 195x12

Face Pull
12x100
8x130
12x130

Rdelt Dumbbell Fly
25s x 12

Forearm Curl
3-5 sets

Decent little workout today. My legs have been pumped and my upper body has been "depumped", aka all my blood has been in my legs, since that insane leg training session last saturday. But I managed to move some decent weight especially considering I looked and felt very flat and weighed only 204. Looking forward to hitting back/shoulders/arms on monday. Also ordered some knock off brand fat gripz which should be arriving on weds (unless they sent them via usps, the shittiest parcel service there is) so those should be quite fun :), gonna hit some circus dumbbell and some forearm/grip exercises and fat bar movements once I get them.

4-13-15: Back/Shoulders/Arms

warmed up with 2x12x35 pullovers laying across bench to open up my ribcage and create good posture and mind-to-lats connection

Chin Ups Switched up my technique to isolate the lats so I get fatigued way more quickly haha
12x bw followed by 3 half reps
8x 25 added followed by 3 bw half reps
8x bw (damn so fatigued from just a few sets contraction style!)

T bar rows
2 plates x 10
1 plate x 5 followed by 2p x 5 followed by 3p x 5 followed by 4p x 3 followed by 3p x 3 followed by 2p x 3
1 p x 10 -> 2p x 5 -> 3p x 5 -> 2p x 5 -> 1p x 5

Close Grip Pulldowns
2x12x100

Cable Pullover
3x12

Standing BB Press
95x5
115x5
135x5
155x6 strict, 7th rep push press, 8th rep jerk

Rear Delt Cable Fly (I think this machine uses kgs because every weight feels at least twice as heavy as on other machines)
7.5x15
12.5x15
17.5x15
22.5x12
27.5x12

Side Raise
30x12
25x12

Wrist Curl
3x12x65

Hammer Curl
70s x 12 each side swinging and alternating
35s x 12 strict same time both sides

Overhead tris
3x12

Bicep Curl (assuming ez bar is 25 lbs)
55x8
75x8
95x8
115x8 (a plate each side!! last 2 reps were cheated as fuck though leaning way back)

Elliptical
20 min @ 140-150 hr

Good workout today. Destroyed my back then got in some good shoulder work, but some drama came up towards the end of rear delt cable flyes which was a little distracting for the remainder of the workout. Still pushed thru it though and just did some less volume. I'm enjoying this every other day split, starting my cut 4-22.

4-17-15: Deads

Deads
495x3
545x1
405x8 no resetting on ground

DB Row
10x90s
2x10x40s with fat gripz

Chin ups
2 sets

Cable Rows
2 sets

Didn't realize the gym was closing at 9 and I got there at 8, thought it'd be open till 10. So my workout got cut short. Very happy with these deads and i was incredibly sore after. Did some glute and ab activation exercises on the 16th and it helped a lot with my deadlift technique.

4-18-15: Shoulders and Arms

Rdelt Crossover Cable Pulll
50x25 lbs
20x35
15x45
15x45
15x55
12x65

Rdelt Machine
2 sets

Overhead Press
135x5
155x5
175x1 strict, 4 push presses

Rear Delt Shrug and Front Delt Raise alternating
3x8-12x40s both exercises

1 arm cable tri extension
2x15x15 lbs
12x30 lbs

Hammer Curl
12x40s
12x35s
12x30s
12x25s zottman curl

Overhead DB tri ext
15x30
15x40
2x12x50

X-Elliptical
30 min at 140 avg hr

Good shoulder and arm session today!!!

4-20-15: Stoned Squats

jk i wasnt stoned even though it was 4-20. cut down to avoid gyno

Squat
3x5x315 paused and beltless

standing ham curl (1 leg at a time)
3 sets

leg press
6.5 plates x 12
7.5 plates x 2x12

Leg Press Calf Raise
2 plates x 12
3 plates x 12
4 plates x 2x12

Ham Curl
ramping up sets to 8x135

Seated Calves
2x12

GHR
12xBW

Good little workout yesterday (or, since it's 12:46 am here, 2 days ago), but my right trap knotted up bigtime while I was squatting. Maybe it was just DOMS from deadlifts hitting me out of nowhere due to stimulating the trap from squats, but I had to foam roll the shit out of it and it's still sore today. Either way I was happy with the session and my legs got a huge pump from the new way I've been doing leg press, specifically targeting the outer sweep. Good stuff all around :)

4-21-15: Bench

Bench (with semi thick bar-makes it harder, didn't want to go heavy since my trap is still kinda fucked. in reality though I just didn't wanna wait for a better bar to open up so I justified it to myself that way :D)
10x225
3x245
3x265
3x265 paused
4x265
12x225

Dips (emphasis on triceps to avoid using my trap while hitting chest)
3x12

Chest Fly
worked up to 150 but trap was bothering me

Triceps
4 or 5 sets

Biceps
2 sets

Elliptical
15 mins at 150 avg HR

Good little workout today too. Lately I've been feeling a bit burnt out but it kind of works since I'm more interested in strength now, so no need for dense, hard, short rest period bodybuilding workouts. Making better gains from strength training anyways, as I usually do (though of course bodybuilding work results in a diff type of size.) Got some really good volume in on bench and felt surprisingly strong with the thick bar, I think 225x12 is a PR on the thick bar, and oddly enough that weight felt incredibly light when I did it, probably due to the 265 before hand. I was benching quite differently today, a lot more triceps and less chest, though I didn't get a pump or burn anywhere (maybe a little bit of delt pump) from it, which was odd. Just had to accommodate my knotted up trap, normally I use a lot of chest on bench but today I couldn't. Still got in a good session, got a nice tricep pump followed by a decent bicep and forearm pump (though oddly enough I felt like my left arm was getting less pumped as I did more sets.. but then it came back when I stopped doing sets... weird). Overall happy with today's session, for some reason I managed to get my heart rate really high on cardio today, there were 2 periods where I was in the 170 range and i even got up to 180 for a few seconds. Sweat a lot too. Feels good.

Damn Looks like I've been forgetting to log. Didn't even realize it. Well I'll pick up where I left off, started my cut on Saturday.

4-26-15: Bench

Bench
225x10
245x6

Incline DB bench
8x75s
6x85s
6x75s

Machine Flyes Supersetted with rdelts
3 sets of each

Cable Chest/Rear Delts
3 or 4 sets of each

Tricep Extension 1 arm at a time with cable
3 or 4 sets each side

Zottman Curls
3 sets

Pretty much all I did, plus 30 min of elliptical. Felt weak and all that but fuck it I'm cutting, can't get mentally down about that. It'll come back once my body gets used to not being overfed all the time.

4-28-15: Squat/Dead

Squat
345x3x3 paused

Deadlift
405x3x3

Seated Calves
3 sets

GHR
2 sets

Quad Ext
3 sets

Ham Curl
2-3 sets

good girl bad girl machine
2 or 3 sets

Another short little decent cutting workout. No cardio, I already got cardio in at my PT internship where I led a class of old people working out, which gives me a surprisingly good workout. Every Tues/Thurs.

BW down from 208 to 203 this morning and 201 this evening.

Today my diet got fudged up a little bit. I was feeling really cranky and was gagging every time I tried to put quinoa or broccoli in my mouth so I just had chicken thighs (approx 15-18 oz total) for meal 2-3, then between meal 3 and 4 I squeezed in a cheat meal a double burger and fries. Put me in a great mood which was good cause I needed that to brave a challenge that would have killed me if I wasn't in a good mood. But we don't need to talk about that, this is a training log :). Meal 5 was .75 cups of rice then I trained an hour after, hit delts.

4-30-15: Delts and Tris

Rdelt Cable Crossover Pull
pyramidded up to 22.5 kg (pretty sure this machine is in kg) for 12

Face Pull
105x12
120x8
135x8
150x8 (too heavy had to have spotter hold me down)
135x8

Rdelt fly machine
2x12x105

Side Delt Raise
12x15s strict
12x20s strict
8x25s strict
10x25s not strict
10x20s strict, side delts=dead

DB Seated OHP
10x65s
9x65s delts=dead

Upright Row
12x85

cable 1 arm tri ext
12x15
12x20
10x25
8x30
8x35

elliptical
20 mins

Good workout today. I seem to be adjusting to lower intensity nicely, knowing just when to stop, having good workouts and getting good pumps (thanks to creatine, arginine, taurine, and sometimes citrulline mallate, always with beta alanine of course). Very good stuff. I think I finally got this cutting shit down, but I just need variable sources of complex carbs. Got sick of quinoa wayyy too quick to where I literally couldn't put it in my mouth. Guess I'm a pussy then... Jk lol. Gonna get some sweet potatos and or yams this weekend, egg fried brown rice tomorrow, with the small amount that I have. I think I have a good mindset which will be crucial in me having a good cut.

Today my diet got fudged up a little bit. I was feeling really cranky and was gagging every time I tried to put quinoa or broccoli in my mouth so I just had chicken thighs (approx 15-18 oz total) for meal 2-3, then between meal 3 and 4 I squeezed in a cheat meal a double burger and fries. Put me in a great mood which was good cause I needed that to brave a challenge that would have killed me if I wasn't in a good mood. But we don't need to talk about that, this is a training log :). Meal 5 was .75 cups of rice then I trained an hour after, hit delts.

4-30-15: Delts and Tris

Rdelt Cable Crossover Pull
pyramidded up to 22.5 kg (pretty sure this machine is in kg) for 12

Face Pull
105x12
120x8
135x8
150x8 (too heavy had to have spotter hold me down)
135x8

Rdelt fly machine
2x12x105

Side Delt Raise
12x15s strict
12x20s strict
8x25s strict
10x25s not strict
10x20s strict, side delts=dead

DB Seated OHP
10x65s
9x65s delts=dead

Upright Row
12x85

cable 1 arm tri ext
12x15
12x20
10x25
8x30
8x35

elliptical
20 mins

Good workout today. I seem to be adjusting to lower intensity nicely, knowing just when to stop, having good workouts and getting good pumps (thanks to creatine, arginine, taurine, and sometimes citrulline mallate, always with beta alanine of course). Very good stuff. I think I finally got this cutting shit down, but I just need variable sources of complex carbs. Got sick of quinoa wayyy too quick to where I literally couldn't put it in my mouth. Guess I'm a pussy then... Jk lol. Gonna get some sweet potatos and or yams this weekend, egg fried brown rice tomorrow, with the small amount that I have. I think I have a good mindset which will be crucial in me having a good cut.

Iifym dude lol don't make your self force feed shit you don't like. I've used all types of carbs they all effect body composition the exact same

Top Bottom