Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My Training Journal

Late squat w/o today. Got done in 60 mins.

Squats w/ Light Bands
used red bands choked around the bottom of the squat rack
bar + bands x a few
88 + bands x 5
132 + bands x 5
176 + bands x 5
209 + bands x 3
242 + bands x 3
253 + bands x 2
264 + bands x 1
176 + bands x 2 reps x 3 sets

bands add about 50lbs at the top maybe a little more

Standing Calves
154 x 23
154 x 17
154 x 12

Weighted Hypers
66lbs BTN x 8, 8, 7

Leg Press
330 x 12
350 x 6

yeah that looked hard as fuck even when he was just standing there with it on his back. Mike said his training max so he maybe just meant the highest 1 rm the guy had pushed to during normal workout sessions

Exactly what T-Block said.

I don't think he trains with that kind of weight. I think that was a one shot deal where in the moment with the crowd and everything he was able to push it. Do I think he could do it again in his average training session? probably not...

He is a bb'er by the sounds of it so chances are he doesn't often squat for a max anyway.

Also that is why the monolift was invented, because with huge weights like that the walkout is so hard it fucks your setup up. It's pretty worrying watching a guy try to walk out 1000lbs in competitions that don't use monolifts...

Maybe he has squatted 825 much more smoothly before in his off season but being much lighter and more depleted aswell as having a croud messed it up for him? I sure wouldn't want to risk embarrassment by going out and trying to squat a weight way over anything I had ever attempted before...

It may have been a weight he had lifted before, just not since his cutting regimen.

All I meant by my comment is that I doubt he trains with that kind of weight on a given session. I do agree the walk out can be detrimental to the lift at higher weights.

OK quick update I hit these this week:

Squat 314x2
Bench 270
Deadlift 418

Also been growing quite well, currently in the mid 180s:

2n8zzif.jpg

Top Bottom