Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My latest concoction

it stars sAddam

Well just recently I decided to mix up my training a little bit. I was running a 5x5 that looked liked this:

Monday - Back
Tuesday - chest/shoulders
Wednesday - off
Thursday - legs
Friday - bis and tris

Now recently I decided to change it so that I only lift 3 days a week, though I am still doing a 5x5 for each bodypart (with the exception of calves, hams, traps) My new routine looks like this

Monday - Back and biceps
Tuesday - off
Wednesday - Legs
Thursday - off
Friday - chest, shoulders, and triceps

I havent been doing this long enough to determine how I like it, but I do feel destroyed when I leave the gym. Does anyone else have experience with this kind of split?

Also, on my off days I try to usually work in some light cardio, using the speed bag and heavy bag. I try to keep this to a minimum though because I am currently trying to bulk.

Feedback is appreciated.

I do a two day split:
Day A: Legs, back and Bi's
Day B: Chest, tri's and shoulders.

I go between 3-4 days a week to workout.

I am destroyed after this but I also just started this off, so I will give it a chance and see but I think I might go for a three day split just so I can work each body part more and maybe even get out of there quicker. Current workout is 1-1.5 hours and then I still have abs and cardio to do....

Allon said:
I do a two day split:
Day A: Legs, back and Bi's
Day B: Chest, tri's and shoulders.

I go between 3-4 days a week to workout.

I've been doing something like this for 6 weeks now and I've gotten great results. I've gained almost 30 lean pounds (i'm on tren/test). The weights I was using went down in the beginning, but have slowly raised back up and even gone past what I was using before. Here is the split:

Day1: Back/Abs/Legs
Day2: Off
Day3: Chest/Shoulders/Arms
Day4: Off
Repeat

Mostly compound movements (DB Bench, squats, rows, pullups/chinups, dips etc.) If I can do 10 reps of something I up the weight, but mostly stay in the 6-8 rep range.

With this split I'm doing a full body workout twice a week and getting plenty of rest from the off days. Eating like a horse too (a lean horse). Only chicken breasts, egg white omlets, tuna, cottage cheese, and a few whey shakes thrown in.

it stars sAddam said:
back and legs on the same day? thats brutal man

Haha, yeah. Everyone at the gym stares at me on those days. Shirt soaked through front and back and wheezing like an old man.

Top Bottom