Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

my goal: to do a pull-up

ann It's a great machine, but I'm afraid we might not have one at my school gym. I can't remember at the moment, but I'll find out in a couple weeks.

luv2workout congrats :)

flex4life Thanks. I remember for our fitness tests in grade school most girls could not do a single pull-up so we just would try to hold ourselves up for as long as possible. A few girls though, they rocked at the pull-up (usually gymnasts). I was in awe of those girls. It always struck me as something most people should be able to do.

Phemomena Ugh. I'm not a big fan of fat. Always have eaten a low-fat diet (except for the cheese fetish). Plus I don't like fish! woah is me. I'm gonna start eating more fish though, I was able to get used to Salmon, so I imagine I can get to semi-like other fish as well. Mostly I want to be healthy and I imagine I'll feel better once I start getting some of that good fat into my diet (off to the health food store after this). Do soy beans have any good fat? I love them!

poohbear I try to eat five meals of about 300-400 calories each. I hate actually counting calories though, so it's more a vague idea, trying to eat till I'm satiated, and not let myself get too hungry. My basic diet is very healthy (well except for missing fat). Lots of whole grains, lean proteins, and veggies.. so I find that getting enough calories is the problem. Well the OTHER problem is that I do binge occasionally.. and when I binge it can get pretty ugly. And I am getting better at stemming those by having purposeful indulgences of small amounts of my favorite foods only (trying to cut out the mindless consumption of anything caloric that I half-like), which is basically what you recommended :)

Thanks for more info on negatives... I will definetly work on those. I find that one of the biggest problems I have with pull ups is that my grip and arms just aren't strong enough for the move yet.. i mean that I could probably pull more weight than I am, but I don't have the stability and basic strength to allow myself to work out at full level. I don't know if that explanation made any sense...

Yes it's definetly about the journey.. having a goal is nice because I can look forward to it and it lets me plan, but it's not gonna keep me going to the gym everyday.. much too far off. What keeps me going is how I feel during the work out and after.. how much better I feel about myself and how much healthier I feel in general.. even that nice little limp afterwards that makes me feel athletic.

yeah... i wasn't a big fish fan myself... but living in Hawiaii (sp?) you must really have access to some really good stuff... grilled mahi mahi is amazing... ocean fish, when done properly is actually quite enjoyable (and this is not coming from a fish lover :) )

if you really cant stand the fish, the taste of the oils (try the udo stuff and see if you can do it...) you can get the same stuff in gel caps... its a little bit more expensive, and not quite as good, but it's a start...

also remember peanut butter(all natural), olive oil, nuts (i'm sure soy has some) all contain healthy fats...

for your grip

When I started training my grip, I use to grap and anything with a fairly large width that didn't allow me to meet thumb and finger. My husband got tired of that, so I had to move on to something else:D The end part of a regular bar became my substitute. I also grabbed a couple of heavy dumbbells at my side and just stood there for a minute or two. Making sure that my knees were bent so that I wouldn't pass out. Once I reached the two minute mark, it was time for me to go up in weight. I did two minutes because I felt that it took me a goo two minutes to do a set of pull-ups.

As for your meals. It doesn't sound like you're getting enough food. I use to have 650-700 calories just for breakfast. But I know it's hard to force yourself to eat more carrots and such, so why not include a meal replacement shake with a couple of your meals.

Too bad about your fish situation.

Top Bottom