Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My figure comp pic

looking great, but it's hard to say how you can improve with that one pic, maybe you can post more. that said, you do look hard and sexy.

Sassy,

You said the girls posed at the comp you were at?

We did that at the morning show and one of the judges came back and she told us NOT to pose. Just stand their relaxed. Don't spread you arms out either, this isn't BB, but I wanted to tell her than why the hell do the fitness girls do it then. ARRRR!

Do you have any pics from the show?

I started dieting today. The show has been set for Dec. 22 insted of Nov. 10.

Guiness, the show was a state show. National qualifier.

CP -- I may have said "posed"--- they really just did quarter turns. Funny thing was they were all doing that sort of side facing pose instead of a front pose so when the MC would call for a "turn to the right" it screwed them all up because they were already facing to the right! Except the former bb'ers that is -- I figured that out when I realized the only ones really doing a "front" position were the girls I competed against last year in bb.

I still think its really unclear what exactly "figure" is -- I talked to my old trainer that night and he said that he had one girl ask him to train her for figure and he couldn't because he doesn't know what is the goal.

I think its a big fat lie that they say they dont' want you too lean or too muscular - they want a fitness chick w/o the fitness. Plus the whole hair & makeup thing. Its like Miss America who went to the gym. :confused: :confused:

Good luck w/ that bb comp CP -- you definitely have great legs!

"More isn´t always better....go for intensity, not volume."

I agree with this one here......when working out, it's not "How long" you stay in the gym, but what you get accomplished in a set period of time. when on your cardio days:

"The most effective type of cardiovascular exercise is known as "High Intensity Interval Training" (HIIT). This involves a combination of aerobic exercise, and higher intensity "wind sprints." There are several variations of HIIT, but all involve alternating between moderate and high intensity for intervals anywhere between 30 seconds and 5 minutes each. Start by warming up for 2-3 minutes. Following your warmup, you move to a moderate level of intensity. The majority of your energy here is coming from aerobic metabolism (burning glycogen and fat using oxygen). Try to recruit as much muscle activity as possible from your arms, legs, back and buttocks. After your wind sprint, you drop back down to a moderate level of intensity and do it again

Can I do this on any piece of cardio? I can't run so that's out. How about the eliptical? I like to vary my cardio equipment.

On most any cardio equipment you can change at least the resistance, and often the angle. Just keep varying those go for thru-the-roof intensity fo rthe short periods. Just dont' fall off!

One girl (former bb) does the most creative and intense cardio sessions I"ve ever seen on the Step Mill. She goes along at a fairly reasonable pace, but then changes out where she will step sideways for a while, around in circles, do side hi kicks or back kicks. Amazing and incredible workout! For flexibility, intensity, endurance, etc. Pounds quads, glutes, hams!

"Can I do this on any piece of cardio? I can't run so that's out. How about the eliptical? I like to vary my cardio equipment."

Of course you can do this type of cardiovascular exercise on any machine. Lately, I've applied this to the tredmill. I'll walk for 3 minutes (speed set at 4.0) as my warmup. Then as I hit my 4th minute, I jump up to speed level 5.....you can also set the incline for more resistance. I do this until I'm at my 7th minute (speed level 8), at which time I'm at a really fast pace (my turnover). As I reach the 8th minute I drop back down to 5 (light jog for me) and start over. I do this for 20 minutes. That's it. I don't worry about anymore. Monitor what you burn w/in the first 10 minutes. After you finish your 20 minutes, don't move to your next meal for another hour. What you burn w/in the first 10 minutes your body will continue to burn for another 60. I used to do the HIIT cycle on the Eliptical Trainer, but I switched it up to give some variety to my training......

your pics

cheri pie...you look absolutely fantastic!!! i looked at your pic and everything looks perfect...your skin, hair, face, coloring...are to die for.......your legs and calves are out of this world....your chest is really pretty....god girl you have it all!!! just keep up the good work!
pg(trish)

Top Bottom