Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My 5X5.. Advice?

Criminal10dinC

I think this is as simple as it gets, which is just about what i need right now. Tell me what can be improved upon, added/removed, etc...

Monday: squats5x5, bench5x5, BBrow5x5

Wednesday: military press5x5, dead lift5x5, widegrip pullups5x5

Friday: squats5x5, bench5x5, BBrow 5x5

I like this workout because of the simplicity of it, along with the fact that i know proper form for all of these exercises. I also like the fact that i can hit the bench press 2x a week. (i need lots of improvement on the bench)

My concerns with this is that i have no spotter, and since i usually hit the gym when i get off work (2 - 3am) there arent any bros i can ask for assistance. Maybe substitute barbell-bench for dumbell-bench??

Thanks for the help ahead of time.

What i have been doing lately (size and strength has been growing real good) is this....tuesday chest, weds shoulders, thurs back, friday legs and sat arms. 6 exercises for each body part. Always 5 sets, one warm up set of 20 light, sometimes 2 depending on how im feeling. Then 4 sets, go up in weight each time. 12 reps, 10, 8, and 6. An example of chest day would be flat bench, decline bench, incline bench, peck deck and cables. Super set one exercise with dumbell pushups. I know alot of people will talk crap, but n all honesty it works excellent for me. For ages i did chest and tris, back and bis etc. Personally i like to thoroughly work one muscle group, i almosy always get sore and ive been steadily growing.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using EliteFitness

Unfortunately that is more or less what i have been doing for the past 3 months or so and i am not seeing the results (size or strength) that one might expect to see...

I am kinda digging the 5x5 because, in my opinion, the exercises it incorporates are multiple-muscle exercises. ( i think that is called 'compound') and since i am going for sheer size, this i believe better suits my needs...

Just my opinion, i have no idea what the fuck i am doing though lol

Criminal your not seeing the results because you have been at this for 3 months, probably have no idea what to eat and jumped on a test e cycle. This is all wrong. The guys in the other thread gave you the right advice and that is to stop now and start learning. This is not the way to do it.

So, drop the juice and lets deal with the training and diet. If you care at all about your long term health and libido you will not do any more AAS until you max out your natural potential. Now, the training. You can check out my 5x5 log, just scroll down in the workout forum. I'm sure you will find it enlightening. The workout you have here is the A workout, the B workout is the opposite, that is, the DL workout on Monday and Friday. You Squat every training day as the first exercise. Increase weights 5 pounds every day you do an exercise except for DL's where you increase 10 pounds. Remember, only 1 working set of 5 on the DL's. I would drop the pullups for now. As long as you get the BB JS Rows right, plenty of google hits on form, your back will get all it needs. I don't remember your stats, give a quick run down, and include your current diet.

Oh, yea. It is recommended you start with an empty Olympic bar. It gives you a chance to get all your forms together and get used to the routine. In the gym 3 days a week, and eat.

5x5 is solid to get you a base. It seems easy as first but the weight piles on man so don't jump up the poundage too quickly.
And I saw you've only been training 3 months so I hope u get off the test.

So, drop the juice and lets deal with the training and diet. If you care at all about your long term health and libido you will not do any more AAS until you max out your natural potential.

I agree he should wait to cycle. From what I understand, the primary reason one should wait is for the sake of not "wasting a cycle" - not exposing yourself to the risks of a cycle for minimal gains in return.

Is that what you were saying, too? Or are there specific long-term issues one faces only when they are not @ their natural potential.

I am not challenging what you're saying, just hoping you'll expand so I can better understand it. Thanks

Wow!! 3 months training and that's it? How old are you? Iv started my first cycle today but 1 thing im so so sure about is having a decent body weight body fat etc before I even thought about touching steroids. I came to this forum to learn mate I suggest you listen to these people who actually want to help you and take there knowledge and up it for your gains. Dam man you only know a few ways to train you need to confuse your body with different styles so your body does not adapt and keeps building otherwise your just goin to stay as you are or worse fat because your not working out correctly. Im a novice to some of these guys here show some respect and listen to them please
Sent from my ST18i using EliteFitness

Top Bottom