Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My 1-AD experience: 5 weeks on 5 weeks off

SilentSurfer said:
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ergo/1ad.html says:

What's in it?

5-Alpha-Androstan-1-en-3, 17-diol 100 mg
OK, I admit that's fairly convincing aside from the missing "an" on KiloSport's version (5-Alpha-Androst-1-en-3, 17-diol).

To gather information for myself, I posed a question to LPJ Research (ErgoPharm's parent company & major inventer & supplier of unpackaged prohormones to other companies) and I received this response from Patrick Arnold himself:

Written by Patrick Arnold of LPJ Research/ErgoPharm

I assume you are talking about kilosports. Last time I heard they were selling this (supposedly), the product turned out to be mislabled 5alpha-androstandiol.

I was not aware that they were offering it again, and I would love to see a sample of this stuff if they are.

Keep in mind that there is no commercially avaialable analytical
standard with which to test this stuff against, and its identification
by analytical techniques is hard because of its close structural
similarity to 4-AD.

1-Adiol is very hard to make as the reaction to make it does not proceed smoothly like other diol reactions do. Last I heard, the chinese were still stumped on it.

If I were you, I would get some independent verification that this stuff is indeed what it is labeled as, before you go out thinking you are getting some great deal.

thanks

Patrick

--
PA
http://www.ergopharm.net
http://www.lpjresearch.com

I've asked Patrick if LPJ can obtain a sample of KiloSport's version and test it in their laboratory since they are currently the only true manufacturers of 1-AD. It might not be considered fully unbiased, but neither are KiloSport's claims. If I receive any future responses I will post them. Like I said before, I'd want factual evidence that I'm getting what I'm paying for.

Pat may not be impartial, but he's pretty straightforward. He spends a great deal of time answering questions.

It seems a bit awkward to ask Pat to do an assay so that you can stop buying from him, though.

Really, you're not saving much going with Kilo (assuming they're selling the same thing).

You can buy 6g's of 1-ad, already in capsule form, for $45. Kilo is selling 10g's in bulk for $59. To me, its worth a little bit more to have it accurately measured and in easy to use capsules.

I agree Zen. You do get 4g's more with kilosports, IF it's the real stuff, for about $15 more, but then you have to find & purchase caps, measure the stuff out, & get it into the caps in order to take it.

You're paying $0.73/cap for 1-AD compared to $0.59/cap (not incl. price of caps) for kilosport's version. Personally, I think I'd rather pay 14-cents more per cap to know I'm getting the real stuff and not have to screw with measuring out the bulk powder and getting it encapsulated.

Oh yeah, and I wasn't asking Patrick to perform a test on kilosport's product for MY benefit or to convince me to buy from them. He claimed he's interested in getting hold of some and testing it to see if it's either bunk or meets their claims. I just told him I'd post the results of any testing he did to prove or disprove kilosports. All of us on these boards like a good head's up on whether or not a product actually meets the claims.

Last edited:
I didn't. I sent the e-mail to LPJ Research, whoever received it there forwarded it to Pat, and he replied directly to me.

That obviously shows that he's willing to answer any questions, and I know I've seen his posts on another site, but I cannot remember what site it was. I think someone just had a link to his post from within EF.

I replied back to his e-mail, then he replied again saying they (LPJ) would order a sample from kilosports and perform a test on it for their own knowledge, but would not release the results no matter if they test positive or negative for being a 1-AD equivalent...bad business practice & possible lawsuit were the reasons he mentioned.

I thought about just sending a message to that info address, but figured it would never get read.

Pretty cool...

How about our own independent test?

I have no reason to doubt that Patrick would admit that they successfully sourced an equivalent to 1-AD. He's been very responsive to me and deserves every courtesy.

But there's nothing like an independent test.

I've got fresh 1-AD delivered today and I've ordered kilosport's claimed Chinese equivalent, which they claim is in stock and shipping. So I should receive it in a few days.

I live near at least one well respected supplement testing lab that many brands use to provide their official assay results.

I'll find out what it would take to have someone do a comparison of the two. (time and cost)

If I can afford it, I'll pay for a comparison of the two materials. Then I'll report the results in an unbiased manner.

But I will give both Ergopharm and Kilosports 24 hours to review the procedures taken and results obtained and provide a response that I will post from each of them with the results. I'm sure they'll have their own tests done, so if the results they obtain are quite different, I'm sure we'll hear about it.

As Patrick said, there's no independent standard for this yet, so we'll have to be satisified with a comparison or we'll use 1-AD as the baseline. Bear in mind that there are several factors that can affect a test like this. One factor we'll have for sure is that the lab will have to attempt to separate the 1-AD in the capsule from the binder that's used in manufacturing. The Kilosports product is bulk powder so it should not have that issue. Perhaps just before the test, I'll should Ergopharm and ask them to FedEx me a pure 1-AD sample for the test and we'll do a 3rd comparison (again if it's not too expensive.).

Is there enough interest here on the board for me to go to this trouble?

Re: How about our own independent test?

SilentSurfer said:
Is there enough interest here on the board for me to go to this trouble?
I'd say so, but I'm with you, it depends on the expense involved.

Pat did say that he (or LPJ) can easily tell what is pure 1-AD and what is not, but that analysis is currently proprietary information of LPJ's. He suggested the following labs, though did say there are others:

San Rafael Labs
Intergrated Biomolecule Corp
Research Triangle Labs

I think it would likely be highly beneficial to the labs to be able to perform a comparison test of both products. Assuming ErgoPharm's sample is the real thing, it might be easier for them to compare it w/kilosports.

Would be great to have this test performed and to know for sure...as that is the only way aside from trusting verbal assurances.

Oh yeah, and Pat admitted that he's a nerd. LOL!:FRlol:

Top Bottom