Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Muscle Cars

ceo said:
I believe it's typically thought of as being from 1964 (starting with the GTO) to 1972.

The oil/gas crisis of 1973 saw the decline of big horsepower V8's and the end of the muscle car.

was a sad year, it saw the introduction of pollution gear which saw factory v8s performance die in the arse

xrsist said:
was a sad year, it saw the introduction of pollution gear which saw factory v8s performance die in the arse

http://www.antiquecar.com/musclecar.php

However, despite America's love for horsepower, the Clean Air Act of 1970 called for pollution control devices that hampered performance. And then the oil embargo of 1973 limited the supply of gasoline. By the time congress passed the Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE) rule in 1978 the Muscle Car was gone forever.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscle_car

The fierce competition led to an escalation in power that peaked in 1970, with some models offering as much as 450 horsepower (336 kW) (with this and others likely producing as much or more actual power, whatever their rating).

our family wagon was an '72 Olds custom cruiser
454 cu in

348j5ac.jpg

juiceddreadlocks said:
that's what I was talking about, I originally read it in a book my folks gave me as a kid about muscle cars.

some very minor emission controls werew placed on cars beginning in 71 models I believe. These could easily be undone. They didn't really start fucking them up until 73-74. Even then with a few mods you could get your hp back up.

xrsist said:

That was also the year when insurance companies raised rates for performance cars. All these things -- smog, fuel crisis, insurance -- spelled the end of proper muscle cars and gave us 175HP Trans Ams.

Mr. dB said:
Here's how I can not love the Challenger -- 4100 pounds. It's a porker. It's just a 300/Magnum/Charger with a few inches cut off the wheelbase.

But have you seen any of the videos showing it move? It moves like it has no weight on it. You should watch some of the YouTube videos. Eitherway it looks good, and if I could get it I'd get the jet black. I'm still kind of jealous of the guy who won the exclusive B5 Blue Challenger.

Love them?
I can't even like them till I drive them. That's what its all about right?
Well then again I have a friend who has a new hummer that just sits in her driveway--I think she bought it for the looks.

TurquoiseRack said:
Anyone into this new muscle car "war" between the Challenger, Mustang and Camaro? I've been following the Dodge Challenger for the past few months and I don't see how anyone can't love the Challenger. the 09 version is supposed to be coming out with a shaker hood. Dodge is doing the best job of keeping true to the original--nostalgic and modern at the same time.

Anyone watching CSI?............ They in Miami driver Hummers.......... right about now I would mind a................... (cough cough,) back on subject.

Top Bottom