Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

MS - Insulin Resistance

so, if a female doesnt get her monthly period due to low estrogen level.. she can lose fat faster than others?

ASU said:
so, if a female doesnt get her monthly period due to low estrogen level.. she can lose fat faster than others?

Maybe. It can depend. There is more to losing fat than estrogen levels.

Losing your period is typically not a good thing.

I know that there is more to losing fat than estrogen level.. but I was just wondering if this might slow the process while you trying to lose fat with healthy diet and workout

ASU said:

It depends on why her estrogen levels are low. In general healthy estrogen levels are needed for optimum metabolism and appetite control, it's just that high estrogen inhibits loss of thigh and butt fat specifically. Estrogen too low can be due to low body fat in which case overall fat-burning will decline (due to low leptin), but thigh and butt fat may be relatively easier to lose, ie slower overall fat loss but more of this fat from lower body. Low estrogen due to menopause or ovarectomy also leads to impaired overall fatloss, but increased thigh and butt fat loss, thus you get the classical post-menopausal figure with skinny thighs and a beer belly.

Adequate (not too high or too low) estrogen levels, regular exercise and a good low GI diet are a woman's best defense against a whole host of lifestyle related diseases and obesity. But we live in a cosmetic society where what is 'healthy' is often considered unsightly. Go figure!

Would a high protein, mod fat (good fats), and lots veggies diet be helpful with this post-menopausal figure (skinny thighs and beer belly)

We still dont know why my estrogen level is so low...

Hey there asu, wasn't sure if you were talking about yourself or a girlfriend (no gender under your handle). A little more info would be good, like how old are you, how do you know your estrogen levels are high, and are you a "skinny thighs and beer belly" kinda woman? Are you using any hormones such as oral contraceptives, HRT, etc...? Have you always had this kind of figure, or has it happened recently, and if recent, then what might have triggered it?

LOL@ the spammer.

I now understand the difference between jiggly fat and non-jiggly fat.
I thought I understood it before but this thread cleared it right up.

While the above is very true....also remember:

new fat - no jiggle

old fat - jiggle

Top Bottom