Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Most unmotivational workout ever!

SoreArms

I showed up to the gym feeling good, as always, and ready for a good workout. I did 10 minute warmup cardio, did some stretches and hit a few sets of dips. Everything is going cool at this point. Well, somewhere between doing dumbell flys and tri pulldowns I just suddenly got into a real fowl mood and I just couldn't continue my workout. I stopped in the middle of a set and just walked out. WTF?

Do you guys ever get into funks like that?

today i did 3 sets of chins, got pissed off, and left. yesterday was the same, another half assed workout. it just seems everything is pissing me off lately, no sleep, fucking classes, fucking shitty ass job that pays dick, and everyone being a royal pain in the ass because they sit around all day, sleep late, and dont work out and wonder why i want to actually get a fucking quality nights sleep so i can have good workouts

I've had it a few times in the past. Now working out is a way for me to zone out every day problems. Honestly, it's the only time I feel I can ignore every other worry in life, just putting problems on hold until I'm done. Lifting and reading do this for me.

Oddly it happened to me today in the morning as well., but I returned tonight with a vengence and was out in 25 minutes. Tueday is leg day btw, for me. I hate going at 8PM to the gym though, it's ridiculously crowded with dozens of people just chatting. ridiculous.

Some times it's best just to take a week or two off. Give your body and mind a rest, of course if you have been working out for 3 months you just need to get your shit together.

funny you brought this up, I went to lift yesterday and just got really pissed off. I should be seeing better gains and be more motivated in the gym but not today. As soon as I walk into the gym there's just way too many people - first indication I was going to get pissed off, then people in my way etc. etc.

I decided to take the rest of the week off, cut back my routine next week and look into some other training methods for the time after that.

I've got pissed but hung in there, last time I just kinda quit, when I left I wished I had stayed and at least tried my best...

I have never really walked out, but I have definitely just been in a bad mood at the gym (mostly b/c of an injury where I couldn't go all out) and just wasted my time there. It ruins your whole day too.

Top Bottom