Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Morons at the gym (the official thread)...

Maybe, I am a little old school but can someone tell me wtf people are doing working out with beach balls?

a few weeks ago a kid, maybe a bit younger than me 18-20 came into the gym. He went into the smith machine and took most of the 45 plates and loaded them on. Then he asked this other goofball to take his picture. he didn't even unrack the weight on the smith machine. after he got his picture he left the gym.

quite a while ago I remember this guy came in the gym acting like a hard ass. he also went on the smith machine, put a few light plates on and just started doing military press. but he was doing it so fast the machine was making a shit ton of noise and he was just smashing it up and down. the cable was jerking all over the place. then he went and did curls in the squat rack and was swinging it like a maniac. then he would just drop the weight on the safety bars. he was grunting a lot too. i lol'd.

there's the other dude, only seen him twice in the gym ever. must be 300+ pounds. young guy. he comes in and he is always talking to himself and flexing at the mirror. I was sitting opposite of him when on the shoulder press. he was like, yeah no problem man, johnny (him) can do that easy, I cna lift more than this guy here (me), easy stuff yeah, yeah I am good at this. then we were both in squat racks and he kept looking at the mirror. he said something like legs aren't important and im not trying.

New kid at the gym that came in with the new year...

Polo shirt, big gold chain, and some goofy fuckin hat, can't weigh more than 150.

Runs around the gym, tries to stare everyone down...wears weight lifting gloves for his 60 pound cable machine rows and dime plate push presses/dynamic upright rows thingers.

a few weeks ago a kid, maybe a bit younger than me 18-20 came into the gym. He went into the smith machine and took most of the 45 plates and loaded them on. Then he asked this other goofball to take his picture. he didn't even unrack the weight on the smith machine. after he got his picture he left the gym.

quite a while ago I remember this guy came in the gym acting like a hard ass. he also went on the smith machine, put a few light plates on and just started doing military press. but he was doing it so fast the machine was making a shit ton of noise and he was just smashing it up and down. the cable was jerking all over the place. then he went and did curls in the squat rack and was swinging it like a maniac. then he would just drop the weight on the safety bars. he was grunting a lot too. i lol'd.

there's the other dude, only seen him twice in the gym ever. must be 300+ pounds. young guy. he comes in and he is always talking to himself and flexing at the mirror. I was sitting opposite of him when on the shoulder press. he was like, yeah no problem man, johnny (him) can do that easy, I cna lift more than this guy here (me), easy stuff yeah, yeah I am good at this. then we were both in squat racks and he kept looking at the mirror. he said something like legs aren't important and im not trying.

Hahahahaha, this made me lol.....absolutely awesome.

Reminds me of the guy in my gym who's about 50, good shape, but to psyche himself up starts saying 'fuck, fuck FUCK FUCK' over and over and progressivey louder. He hit on my wife once too. Of course he's married which she brought up to him while trying not to laugh.

Johnny can do this....haha, dude, awesome.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using EliteFitness

I wish I knew what happened to the guys at the gym these days. One of the first gyms I went to (Roses gym) You had to have a towel and wear shoes, You had to pick up after yourself (Put The plates back) And wait your turn on the equipment. If you didnt that was fine but the next time you came in to train you were stopped at the desk by the main door and had to pay one doller fine for every rule you broke.
Also that was before the internet. Most of the bigger guys would insult you right before they gave you some useful info to help you get better results.
The guys training now days are a bunch of jerks and wouldnt last 10 minutes in a gym like that. Oh and they are all on the same work out program and disappear for a couple of weeks at the end of every cycle. Like I cant tell whats going on there. Their lack of knowledge just baffles me and they dont try and increase the amount of knowledge they have either. Oh and the fact that they have been training for over a year maybe makes them an expert too.
I have lifting equipment older than they are! lol, I was at Roses in 1982 by the way.

some guy yesterday who was one of those fat older guys.. he comes in the gym with a belt around his stomach with his beer belly sticking out over it.. and walks around the gym with his chest wide open and goes to the dumb bell area and puts his hands on the dumb bell and just stares at himself in the mirror. LOL. then he goes and picks up a stick and starts putting it over his shoulders stretching... then i see him walk around again with his chest wide open and with this look on his face like he wanted to kill someone, never saw him do anything except walk around and look at himself in the mirror. then he starts talking on his phone.. thought it was the weirdest thing ever. I wonder if he sleeps with the belt around his stomach too?

i shouldn't make fun of him though.. one of my good friends is like that, the difference though is he actually benches 480 pounds and doesn't walk around for an hour doing nothing

seriously though, all the smith machine is good for is hanging my knee wraps and belt...

Oh but it can be used for so much more! Towels, sweat shirts, coats etc can all be hung from a smith machine!

At the gym today 3 young guys around 18 (who from the form they were producing looked to be new to the gym, although listening to 2 of them talk they had more experience than anyone) were to my amusement video taping themselves doing a 7" from straight arms chest press on a smith machine.

To my amazement these guys were patting each other on the back and putting more and more plates on!

In the end i figure it was better to go and say something to them then stand by and see one of them have an injury. I told them smith machines are a waste of time and with the range of movement they were barely even working their triceps. They stood there stunned looked at me weird said ok and moved on to a different machine.

As i left the gym and i looked through the window here they were back there doing the 7" chest press, what the fuck is wrong with some young guys.

Top Bottom