Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Menzer program. Your experience?

davidpro

Mentzer program. Your experience?

I've tried Mentzer program about 7 months ago and man, i had a best strength gains ever! But, no weight gains. Then after couple of months I've stop gaining strength, probably got overtrained. Now I'm thinking that i simply did not supply my body with enough calories and proteins in order to grow.
I'm curious if you know anyone, who gain mass using Menzer program?

Last edited:
The program worked well for about two months then totally stopped working.

Its not a very good training system but it will work for a little while...dont use it for very long.

Does it mean, that you've been overtrained? I'm curious, what system did you grow on for a long time without gear?
Thanks.

I trained with Metnzer, or should I say he trained me! If you stop growing on HIT, look in theses areas:

1. Too many sets. Warm up and bust your ass on One set in very slow and strict form. Mike would get all on my ass if I pumped out the reps on bench and leg presses. Controlled movements to complete failure.

2. Training too often. Mike had me do chest, shoulders and arms, then take 3 days off. Then back and legs, then take 5 days off. That's 8-9 days between body parts.

3. Lack of rest. Don't do baotloads of cardio on your off days. The body needs rest to grow. Stretch and practice posing on the off days.

4. Check you diet and gear. Mike thought supplements are bogus - just a misleading marketing tool to make Weider and his ilk rich. Mike was against over eating- said it would only make you fat. Dbol was his favorite gear and lamented that the old Ciba Dianabol was no longer made!

5. In summation, do fewer sets, one excersize per bodypart. Bust your ass on the set in strict form, then get otta the gym and rest and grow! If you plateau, then you need more rest.

Good Luck!

davidpro said:
Does it mean, that you've been overtrained? I'm curious, what system did you grow on for a long time without gear?
Thanks.

Westside powerlifting training was the best for me..before you dismiss the system realize that its mostly bodybuilding training with heavy stuff put in too..Its all over the powerlifting forum and www.elitefts.com

When you increase your bench and squat your chest, tri's hams etc grow very rapidly

hatari said:
I trained with Metnzer, or should I say he trained me! If you stop growing on HIT, look in theses areas:

1. Too many sets. Warm up and bust your ass on One set in very slow and strict form. Mike would get all on my ass if I pumped out the reps on bench and leg presses. Controlled movements to complete failure.

2. Training too often. Mike had me do chest, shoulders and arms, then take 3 days off. Then back and legs, then take 5 days off. That's 8-9 days between body parts.

3. Lack of rest. Don't do baotloads of cardio on your off days. The body needs rest to grow. Stretch and practice posing on the off days.

4. Check you diet and gear. Mike thought supplements are bogus - just a misleading marketing tool to make Weider and his ilk rich. Mike was against over eating- said it would only make you fat. Dbol was his favorite gear and lamented that the old Ciba Dianabol was no longer made!

5. In summation, do fewer sets, one excersize per bodypart. Bust your ass on the set in strict form, then get otta the gym and rest and grow! If you plateau, then you need more rest.

Good Luck!

Good post, now did you grow or not? How much more weight did you get?

Top Bottom