Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

max protein per sitting?

big_mack

I read that you can only digest 40-50g protein per a sitting? Is there actually evidence to support this or is it just some bs thats been passed down from moron to moron...

I read that you can only digest 40-50g protein per a sitting? Is there actually evidence to support this or is it just some bs thats been passed down from moron to moron...
you'll never get a straight answer on this subject, if you're diet is on point though you won't need anymore that 40-50g of proetein per meal to hit the desired amount of protein in a day, you should be eating 5-7 times daily

I heard you need to take Ina certain amount of carb with protein in order for the protein to break down properly and be effective. Is this true or just some bro knowledge I picked up at the gym?

Ive seen studies that were carried out in relation to protein synthesis. One group of women were given their daily protein intake in one sitting (75 grams) and the other were given the same amount of protein broken down into various meals throughout the day. This was carried out for a number of weeks. The first group experienced the same level of protein synthesis as if they had taken the protein in various meals throughout the day. No drop in weight was experienced in any of the subjects.

If a non athletic woman can synthesise that much protein in one sitting then im pretty sure the same applies for a guy, if not more. I dont know of any studies that were carried out using higher levels of protein.

Ive seen studies that were carried out in relation to protein synthesis. One group of women were given their daily protein intake in one sitting (75 grams) and the other were given the same amount of protein broken down into various meals throughout the day. This was carried out for a number of weeks. The first group experienced the same level of protein synthesis as if they had taken the protein in various meals throughout the day. No drop in weight was experienced in any of the subjects.

If a non athletic woman can synthesise that much protein in one sitting then im pretty sure the same applies for a guy, if not more. I dont know of any studies that were carried out using higher levels of protein.

interesting but i have to question the methodology of this study. not sure how they can measure the levels of protein synthesis in a person wit enuff accuracy to produce conclusive results. in the mean time ill pile on the whey

90-99% of protein from beef is digested and 70% or whatever protein is digested from vegetables.

The body doesn't just say fuck it and no absorb anymore protein. I know this because I'm a biochem major and in a science of nutrition class :)

90-99% of protein from beef is digested and 70% or whatever protein is digested from vegetables.

The body doesn't just say fuck it and no absorb anymore protein. I know this because I'm a biochem major and in a science of nutrition class :)
I guess you learn something every day here lol....nice post

There definitely IS a max you can absorb but it varies from person to person. While your body may not exactly say "fuck it" and stop absorbing protein, it can only absorb it at a certain rate, and only while it's still IN your GI tract under the right conditions. Depending on how much you eat, your rate of gastric emptying, and how fast your GI tract moves food through it, you may not have time to absorb all the protein you eat before it's pooped out. As was mentioned before though, if you're eating 5-6x a day, unless you're a pro bodybuilder size, 40-50g's per meal should be plenty.

I dont think there is a real set answer for this. As long as you get 1-2 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight consumed daily I think you will be just about on the right track.

Top Bottom