Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

MattTheDoucheInserter

KillahBee

New member
Dude, that quote in your sig may be the single greatest thought I have ever read in my life and is basically the summation of everything I have said to anyone that will listen for the last 7 years of my life. Just much clearer and "better" than any diarrhea I have verbally spewed.

Where is it from?
 
KillahBee said:
Dude, that quote in your sig may be the single greatest thought I have ever read in my life and is basically the summation of everything I have said to anyone that will listen for the last 7 years of my life. Just much clearer and "better" than any diarrhea I have verbally spewed.

Where is it from?
he wrote it. he's writing a book. so you just gave him a compliment.
 
Thanks for the compliment, bor. Keep saying it to anyone who will listen.

I actually wrote that / thought of that myself. (Not kidding) I spend a lot of time thinking about WHY people do what they do.
 
MattTheSkywalker said:
Thanks for the compliment, bor. Keep saying it to anyone who will listen.

I actually wrote that / thought of that myself. (Not kidding) I spend a lot of time thinking about WHY people do what they do.

It's honestly what I have said so many times, just in a much clearer and quotebook-like manner. Well done. Not sure if it will ever get through though....
 
KillahBee said:
It's honestly what I have said so many times, just in a much clearer and quotebook-like manner. Well done. Not sure if it will ever get through though....

Follow it up with this gem:

Your thoughts will die with you. Only your actions matter.

Then lead by example.
 
MattTheSkywalker said:
Follow it up with this gem:

Your thoughts will die with you. Only your actions matter.

Then lead by example.


The lead by example part I have down pat. And I have seen its positive effects. My problem is that I get too frustrated and confrontational so the message gets lost in the fury. Need to work on that...
 
MattTheSkywalker said:
Follow it up with this gem:

Your thoughts will die with you. Only your actions matter.

Then lead by example.
"Never eat yellow snow."

Think about it.
 
MattTheSkywalker said:
Thanks for the compliment, bor. Keep saying it to anyone who will listen.

I actually wrote that / thought of that myself. (Not kidding) I spend a lot of time thinking about WHY people do what they do.
That sig has been my life as of 7/31/04.
Good stuff rob.
 
KillahBee said:
The lead by example part I have down pat. And I have seen its positive effects. My problem is that I get too frustrated and confrontational so the message gets lost in the fury. Need to work on that...
That only means you feel very strongly and passionate about the idea. Its a good thing.
 
KillahBee said:
My problem is that I get too frustrated and confrontational so the message gets lost in the fury. Need to work on that...

One of my problems as well. I'm teaching myself how to calm down and then get my message out.
 
superdave said:
That only means you feel very strongly and passionate about the idea. Its a good thing.


This is true. But there comes a point where that passion comes across confrontational and then emotions start coming into play too much when I'm trying to appeal to rationale and common sense
 
I agree.

Good god, I just agreed with Matt, what is this world coming to?

Complacency is the enemy of progress.
 
KillahBee said:
Dude, that quote in your sig may be the single greatest thought I have ever read in my life and is basically the summation of everything I have said to anyone that will listen for the last 7 years of my life. Just much clearer and "better" than any diarrhea I have verbally spewed.

Where is it from?


edited!!!!!!!!
 
needtogetas said:
wtf this thread was a let down
KB: "Do it my way."

Coworker: "No."

KB: "I said DO IT MY WAY!"

Coworker: "Stop yelling."

KB: "I'm sorry, I just have so much passion. Do it my way, please."

Coworker: "I think there's another way."

KB: "You are a fat, dumb, useless tramp."

Coworker: "I'm reporting that."

KB: "It's this passion, sometimes I just can't control it."

Coworker: "How do you know your way is right?"

KB: "Do you see how fat you are?"

Coworker: "I'm reporting that too."

KB: "Nobody understands me."
 
can't put my finger on it
but my avatar is more arousing than yours
 
This quote/ mission statement has single handeddly boosted KB'b intersection window washing business to second to only that of the Park Hill Project team. Good job KB, and keep up the good work!
 
i think it's pretty stupid....self esteem doesnt equal complacency...

at least not for me, quite the opposite really.
 
Much prefer the oriental version "when you acknowledge and realise fully that everything you think you are and everything you think you perceive are undivided, then you will begin to understand."

If you think that success, productivity and creativity are in some way linked with self loathing then you're already way off track.
 
bran987 said:
KB: "Do it my way."

Coworker: "No."

KB: "I said DO IT MY WAY!"

Coworker: "Stop yelling."

KB: "I'm sorry, I just have so much passion. Do it my way, please."

Coworker: "I think there's another way."

KB: "You are a fat, dumb, useless tramp."

Coworker: "I'm reporting that."

KB: "It's this passion, sometimes I just can't control it."

Coworker: "How do you know your way is right?"

KB: "Do you see how fat you are?"

Coworker: "I'm reporting that too."

KB: "Nobody understands me."


LMAO!!!! Holy shit.....just when I think Elite sucks donkey balls.......Bran goes and totally redeems this little group. Kudos to you sir.....kudos to you.
 
jerkbox said:
i think it's pretty stupid....self esteem doesnt equal complacency...

at least not for me, quite the opposite really.

Self esteem is not the enemy, artificial self-esteem is......ie: the Dr. Phil, Sally Jesse, self help phenomenon that is a multimillion dollar industry in our country.


I subscribe to the "suck it up, rub some dirt on it, and get back in the game you puss" mentality, that so many young people can't seem to grasp.

Refusal to accept failure is the only medicine I need.


Go get me a beer.....I'm thirsty....and I know you got the good shit. :)
 
MattTheSkywalker said:
Thanks for the compliment, bor. Keep saying it to anyone who will listen.

I actually wrote that / thought of that myself. (Not kidding) I spend a lot of time thinking about WHY people do what they do.

It is contradictory in a juvinile way. I will re-write it for you so that it is not either of them.

The culture of improved self esteem is flawed at it's root because it attempts to create a value where none exists. We grow - and the genuine esteem we have for ourselves grows when we accomplish, when we achieve success. For only then has that self esteem been earned.

---

If you 'hate ourselves' and 'our lives' then you value nothing. People who truly do this wind up as drug addicts, hedonists, or commit suicide. You have to love your life - to value it and yourself so much to not settle for a course of self-destructive behavior and fake 'esteem' over that which you didn't earn.

You instead really mean hate for circumstances as they are when compared to what they could be.

Love will always motivate more than hate. Creation, innovation, inspiration - never comes from hate, from the dark side - but from a love of life, this world, and the possible.

----

So what's your book about?
 
MattTheSkyWalker's sig said:
The culture of improved self esteem is among Man's dumbest creations to date. We grow when we hate ourselves and our lives - when we reach a decision point that we MUST do something, we MUST make a difference, that the present reality WILL NOT stand. Artificial attempts to increase our positive feelings about ourselves derail this process, and preclude us from ever achieving meaningful, fulfilling success.
hm. i dont agree. i find that mindset unbalanced, based on negative reinforcement, and overall, smacking of indefinitely deferred rewards.

i have very high self esteem, and enjoy practically every minute of my existance (except doing the dishes). what youre proposing is to start with a void in your personality/hapiness that you try to fill with 'achievements' in the real/financial world.

seems like a good way to set yourself for taht morning in 20 years when you wake up and realise that youre 50, youve worked your balls off, have a huge bank account, big house, nice car, nice car, great portfolio, and the esteem of your peers...but are unhappy.

fuck that. when i die, the only person that matters, when it comes to my lifes events, is me. if im happy at the moment of my death, regardless of others perception of my 'success' (which you think somehow bestows 'meaning') then i won.

'meaningful success' indeed :rolleyes:
 
bran987 said:
it has been said that more men have succeeded out of spite than for any other reason. to prove something to their parents, like their dad, or a girl who dumped them, or to the world in general. don't know who said it though. interesting discussion.

My dad told be the moment his spark was lit.

Right after he had me and was broke with my mother, he asked my uncle for help and my uncle refused him, said he was a man now and he was on his own. What happened to his family was a result of his effort. He said, he knew that at that point he was truely on his own. No one but himself could move him up or down, keep him and his family alive. He started moving and hasnt stopped since. I have said on here the few times we bouted and have been down to the line, but I know deep down, the last thing he's trying to do is guide me into fire. He's harsh, but I trust him.
 
bran987 said:
it has been said that more men have succeeded out of spite than for any other reason. to prove something to their parents, like their dad, or a girl who dumped them, or to the world in general. don't know who said it though. interesting discussion.
I'll buy that. Met a lot of guys who operate from the mindset of achieving for the family name or father, etc. Equal amount of guys who have been done wrong by women and overcompensate for it for years.
 
superdave said:
I'll buy that. Met a lot of guys who operate from the mindset of achieving for the family name or father, etc. Equal amount of guys who have been done wrong by women and overcompensate for it for years.

It's almost an act of superhero.
 
all i can say is ,looking at these 2 packs ,My hamburger meat is fresher than yours!


RADAR
 
I see dude. But you put in there 'this is MY body'. You should attribute the quote to lance.
 
What's the difference between kb and lance armstrong?

Lance will always have one more testical than kb hajkbro

Shit, I need start hangin out in the comedy club, I'm gettin all eddy murphey n shit
 
Synpax said:
I see dude. But you put in there 'this is MY body'. You should attribute the quote to lance.


lmao - I'm not exactly trying to be all sly in the hopes that someone thinks it's me. lol
 
Top Bottom