Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Low pulley mid-grip rows

casualbb

Plat Hero
Platinum
I think I'm in love.

I've never been able to feel it like this in my back. It finally feels like I'm really ROWING the weight instead of just jerking it up to my middle like I feel with BB or DB rows.

I used to be very anti-machines, but the fact of the matter is that machines can do things that freeweights can't (eg, a true pullover or leg extension).

Point being, don't eschew machines just to be one of those uber-hardcore barbell only types; machines are another tool on your BB toolbelt.

I usually do cable rows with the parallel grip attachment simply because I can feel it more in my lats...

I did try it this way though and it felt very natural..

My dream come true would be the same seated cable row, but with each arm having its own stack.

I thought everyone did this kind of row?? lol That's the main row most people do at my gym. Very good exercise.

I have to agree with you on the machine comment. You see a lot of people on this board knocking machines because they're trying to be some old-school macho hardcore type. :rolleyes: All the body knows is RESISTANCE! It doesn't matter if it comes in the form of lifting boxes, rocks, logs, bb's, machines or cables, the body only recognizes resistance! I bet someone will bring up the topic of stabilizer muscles, but my thinking is that if one lifts intensely and performs a variety of different exercises (machine and freeweights) then he/she will work all muscle groups including the stabilizers.

I also never truly felt bb rows work my back. However, I have now found the row that works best for my back and have fallen in love with it..... rowing a bb in a corner! Awesome lift and the slight variation in foot positioning and the way my hands grip together works so well for me.

ever tried the hammer strength or zero gravity row machines?
they each have independent sides, and zero gravity is actually a cable machine

if they have it at your gym casual, try T-bar rows (not the one with the chest pad). these fucking things i can really feel in my lats and you can pile on a ton of weight

Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately my gym is about 1/4 of a complex dedicated almost entirely to racketball :rolleyes: so they're lacking on the fancy stuff. At least they have one power rack and I'm one of two people that use it.

Top Bottom