Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Long Neck

opioxoipo

I have a very long neck, similiar to that of a giraffe.

What exercises are great for building muscles around the neck to not make it look so long?

Karma for help.

for one, thick traps can give the illusion of a big neck..that being said, do barbell shrugs (hands side by side or shoulder width) and/or dumbbell shrugs...as for direct neck related exercises, some gyms have the machine where you just apply resistance to the pad...personally I will take a towel, fold it into a little pad and put it on my forehead (or sides, depending on what I'm working) and then place like a 25 pd. dumbbell and do raises...look like a douche bag but gets it done...

hope that helps

peace,
CN

another thing you can do for your neck is the wrestling style excercise. pushup position-feet wide, head on ground, take your hands off the ground, and roll around till your facing up. be sure to warm up first and dont take your hands away fully until you are sure that your neck can take it- it might take a month or more doing it 3x a week.

when you get better at it you will be able to roll around with no hands and your feet together. for extra challenge use your head to lift your body off the ground like pushups. :)

Wrestler's bridges are great for developing a thick, strong neck, but you have to be careful about it or you can hurt your neck. I do neck stretches everyday that have thickened my neck over the last several months even before I started lifting again. I just stretch my head as far to the left and right as possiible and hold for a few seconds, then front and back, then angles, then repeat the circuit again. I do this once or twice a day and it has thickened my neck a bit. I do not use my hands for resistnace, just the neck muscles. I've gotten to the point that I can stretch my neck and touch my ear to either shoulder without arching my shoulders up.

Top Bottom