Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

**** Lifting Video for 2010 ***

so you are a selective bodybuilder??

I'm not sure I understand it, since you're not a powerlifter....
I know exactly what you meant by locking out. I don't forcefully lockout anything. I know of the detrimental effects on your joints.

I am not a bodybuilder or a powerlifter. These are just labels. I train to get strong and my primary goal is strength. The only aesthetic aspirations I have are to lose weight and I have recently started something similar to the Warrior Diet...lets see what happens.

I don't train flat bench press anymore, bro but thanks for the tip. I am not a powerlifter. All I care about are Deadlifts, Front Squats and Strict Overhead Press. Currently my total is 500/315/185=1000 but I aim to reach 2000 in this lifetime :)

Thanks for the heads up though :)

To be honest 2000 sounds extremely opportunistic to me. 2000 even with back squat, bench, and dead would be extremely high raw. I don't think that many people have gotten over 2000 raw, and in your weight class hardly any. Add to that we are talking about overhead press, which is a signicifcant difference from bench, and front squat. Imagining your ratios now you would have to get:
Deadlift 900
ohp: 400
front squat: 700That would be insane.

To be honest 2000 sounds extremely opportunistic to me. 2000 even with back squat, bench, and dead would be extremely high raw. I don't think that many people have gotten over 2000 raw, and in your weight class hardly any. Add to that we are talking about overhead press, which is a signicifcant difference from bench, and front squat. Imagining your ratios now you would have to get:
Deadlift 900
ohp: 400
front squat: 700That would be insane.
Well, you know what they say...aim for the moon and you'll land among the stars :)

I know exactly what you meant by locking out. I don't forcefully lockout anything. I know of the detrimental effects on your joints.

I am not a bodybuilder or a powerlifter. These are just labels. I train to get strong and my primary goal is strength. The only aesthetic aspirations I have are to lose weight and I have recently started something similar to the Warrior Diet...lets see what happens.

How is your primary goal strength and you don't even bench?? sorry orb dont mean to seem judgemental, just giving my 2 cents

How is your primary goal strength and you don't even bench?? sorry orb dont mean to seem judgemental, just giving my 2 cents
Because to me the bench press and the back squat are not ideal tests of strength. That is just my opinion. For me, Front Squats and Strict Standing Overhead Press are better testers of strength. This is just my opinion.

Even if I could, I wouldn't be able to bench press...I suffer from massive painful shoulder dislocations on both shoulders therefore there is no way I can bench without being in insane pain.

Because to me the bench press and the back squat are not ideal tests of strength. That is just my opinion. For me, Front Squats and Strict Standing Overhead Press are better testers of strength. This is just my opinion.

Even if I could, I wouldn't be able to bench press...I suffer from massive painful shoulder dislocations on both shoulders therefore there is no way I can bench without being in insane pain.

It is a universal marker of strength bro it involves most of your upper body....if you cant do it I understand but saying that it doesnt measure strength or not the best measurement of strength is not a very valid argument.

Bench, deads, squats - best measurements of strength. Hence why they are the power lifter's main exercises

nothing wrong with doing your own thing.

It is a universal marker of strength bro it involves most of your upper body....if you cant do it I understand but saying that it doesnt measure strength or not the best measurement of strength is not a very valid argument.
Thats just someone's opinion. To me they aren't the best tests of strength. I have a right to have my own opinion. Just because powerlifters do them doesn't make them the best to me. This is about my training after all...so back squats and bench press have little to no value for me. If you like them and they work for you thats fine. They aren't just aren't as important to me. I hold my press and front squats with higher regard.

Regarding it being a valid argument, I would say that for functional strength front squats and overhead presses are much better than back squats and bench press. How likely are you in the real world to put something heavy on your back and squat it versus holding it up front and squatting it? Same goes for the bench press..you are more likely to need to lift something up and above your head versus lying on your back. Sure the current fad is to train like a powerlifter and eat like a bodybuilder but why train solely like a powerlifter and restrict yourself when you have no ambition to compete? I don't make a living out of lifting weights...I do this for my own personal satisfaction.

Thats just someone's opinion. To me they aren't the best tests of strength. I have a right to have my own opinion. Just because powerlifters do then doesn't make them the best to me. This is about my training after all...so back squats and bench press have little to no value for me. If you like them and they work for you thats fine. They aren't just aren't as important to me. I hold my press and front squats with higher regard.

How do you work out your chest?

Do you do anything for your arms?

It's cool if you're doing your own thing

How do you work out your chest?

Do you do anything for your arms?

It's cool if you're doing your own thing

I am not sure I understand you. You stated that bench press is the best test for upper body strength.

Now you are asking about working out the chest.

From the PL'ers and Strongmen I have met, I have learnt that the bench press is NOT a chest movement but more so depends on your back and your triceps and your shoulders. RAW lifters would utilize their chest a lot more, naturally, but by and large the bench press is more so an upper back, shoulders and triceps movement in that you rely on these muscles groups the most. This is my understanding of the bench press from my experiences with meeting various powerlifters and strongmen and from the readings of Westside which I did many years ago.

If you are asking me how do I work my chest, then I can list my exercises which are largely incline CGBP, push-ups and dumbbell presses (although I rarely do dumbbell press work).

I do hammer curls for my biceps from time to time and all the CGBP and dip work that I do hits my triceps. I don't focus as much on muscle groups as much as I do on movements.

Top Bottom