Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Lawrence Taylor Pleads Guilty in Rape Case of 16 Year Old Prostitute

Classes you take toward a specific degree typically expire around 7-8 years, depending on the institution.
I assume you never graduate?

I took the plant molecular biology series in 1992-1993 and it transferred as a 300 level biology class a couple years ago but it was part of a successful degree program.

just sayin'...

You could have taken a junior/senior level science class as well.

It just seems crazy to me for someone to burn $$$ and time taking freshman level classes. A man's reach should exceed his grasp.

Just sayin'

Those classes are applicable to any degree program.

My next degree will probably be in economics...I'm not trying to elevate myself in a particular program. I'm trying to satisfy the requirements for multiple degrees.

Honestly...Nobody checks the transfer credits of geniuses in their field....Did Descartes satisfy the foreign language requirement for a math degree? :) After all, he was just a philosopher...

I took the plant molecular biology series in 1992-1993 and it transferred as a 300 level biology class a couple years ago but it was part of a successful degree program.

just sayin'...

my undergrad degree to grad degree ...the science classes couldn't be more than 5 years old...
that was BS neurobiology to MS physicians assistant...and at the sake of putting myself out there for ridicule...my AS in paramedic science didn't roll into the BS neurobiology although all of the core science classes were the same at the 100 and 200 level

there was also a couple of weird loops for my dbl major on the BA side of things as well for some of the social sciences I needed
^^ that was UConn for the undergrads except the AS which was also a state school but not UConn

generally the sciences don't transfer because the basic premise is that science simply changes too rapidly

my husbands engineering degree (mechanical) requires all calculus based physics...any lower level classes he took even if they were 4 credit courses at best only counted as electives for credit requirements

my undergrad degree to grad degree ...the science classes couldn't be more than 5 years old...
that was BS neurobiology to MS physicians assistant...and at the sake of putting myself out there for ridicule...my AS in paramedic science didn't roll into the BS neurobiology although all of the core science classes were the same at the 100 and 200 level

there was also a couple of weird loops for my dbl major on the BA side of things as well for some of the social sciences I needed
^^ that was UConn for the undergrads except the AS which was also a state school but not UConn

generally the sciences don't transfer because the basic premise is that science simply changes too rapidly

my husbands engineering degree (mechanical) requires all calculus based physics...any lower level classes he took even if they were 4 credit courses at best only counted as electives for credit requirements

I've never investigated a program where a BS degree in the field wasn't acceptable..no matter how old, as long as you had a recent GRE.

I've never investigated a program where a BS degree in the field wasn't acceptable..no matter how old, as long as you had a recent GRE.

I'd have to open myself up to a very personal story in order to show you the grad school...and I just won't...so...i guess Im at an impasse...GRE doesn't apply fwiw for MS/PA

I'd have to open myself up to a very personal story in order to show you the grad school...and I just won't...so...i guess Im at an impasse...GRE doesn't apply fwiw for MS/PA

I'm looking at the requirements for schools in my state. You're saying someone with a BS in engineering has to re-take their science classes to apply for an MS? I need some evidence...Newtonian physics hasn't changed in forever...

You could have taken a junior/senior level science class as well.

It just seems crazy to me for someone to burn $$$ and time taking freshman level classes. A man's reach should exceed his grasp.

Just sayin'

True story...I graduated from law school and decided I wanted to write software for a living. I took a programming class taught by a retired professor that was a NASA engineer on the Mercury and Gemini programs...he has a couple of PHD's by that time but just a BS when he worked for NASA ..physics and engineering are his PHD's....he later became an engineer for Ford and ended his professional career at UT as a professor.

To cut a long story short...he commented on the brilliance of my algorithms and that wasting my time pursuing a degree was detrimental to my long term financial success... he was right. I've made a fruitful living in CS with no academic credentials in math or science beyond the basics.I took his "baby physics" class instead of calculus based physics because he had been such an amazing mentor...not the curriculum... I still learned a great deal.

So, I take classes because they challenge me to think differently and use skills that atrophy, not because I need the qualification....I enjoy the learning.

Just sayin'....

just sayin'...

And exactly what other assumption could you make when you read: "Classes you take toward a specific degree"? I don't know of any completed degrees that expire.

Top Bottom