Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Lagging chest, tips n tricks anyone?

SwollenMember_18

So, out of all my body's muscle groups... My chest is so damn stubborn, even with the gear, it gets stronger and stronger, but I cannot for the life of me get er' to puff out into the gladiator style chest plates that i so very much do admire!!

Anyone else with a similar issue found a trick or training style that improved their chest? If so what was it and how did you implement it!?!

I feel like I'll be benching 450 pounds before I get the mass I want!!! 😂🙈

Seems like nice exhausted every training option, but maybe my hero will post something new for me!!

Thanks all

Try changing the exercises you do. Add more dumbbell presses, flies, push-ups with wider hands span while you focus on the chest contraction - variety should stress the muscle, especially the exercises you've never done. Make sure you dedicate as much attention to all parts of your pecs, not just the middle chest with bench press. Do incline, decline, figure variations that contract it the best for you. Don't be afraid to explore and learn new techniques.

Hahaha you pretty much just listed everything i do, never use same excercises for more than a month, always changing grips, dumbbell barbell cables machines body weight you name it I've hit it hard, pause reps, high reps, low reps, always changing angles, I think it's just genetics to be honest. I bench 315 for 5 reps clean yet it's a muscle that is not as matured as my others... I donno. I think I'm my own worst critic as well so that doesn't help.

Thanks though man

You can either press of flye. The only 2 motions directly affecting the pecs. Pullovers do, somewhat. Arnold used to do sets of dB presses at several different angles. Zulak, Vince Gironda are 2 to look at. Google their chest articles. Some people press with triceps and some press with pecs, find out which one you are.

It's not that simple though man, you make it sound like you just throw weights around and your good to go as long as you press or fly and use your pecs... There's WAY more to training than that....

For example, lately I have been holding the contraction for 3-5 seconds on cable flyes and as its contracted i will bring the cables down, lift them back up, then release the fly and repeat. This was a suggestion for me from a good buddy who competes and has a badass chest, keeps the fibres firing through the entire movement while contracted because your having to control the full 4 motions of the excercise that would normally be only 2...

This is the type of idea I'm looking for, something original or often overlooked or a certain rep/set scheme..

Thanks for the reply but I'm not new to this sport Haha i know what motions of the body you use to train your chest 🙈

You could always drive south for some natty Synthol.

Joke aside, put some pictures on and lets see what we can improve.

Sounds painful but i use to shoot tne in my chest 60-90mins prewo and use igf into my chest post workout. Modest increase in size but nothing spectacular. I always try to hit my chest with higher frequency and as much volume as possible whilst maintaining high frequency, my chest is also my worst bodypart.

When/if you make the slin on week body parts definitely helps though it may be more temporary from just muscle "fullness"

Sounds painful but i use to shoot tne in my chest 60-90mins prewo and use igf into my chest post workout. Modest increase in size but nothing spectacular. I always try to hit my chest with higher frequency and as much volume as possible whilst maintaining high frequency, my chest is also my worst bodypart.

When/if you make the slin on week body parts definitely helps though it may be more temporary from just muscle "fullness"

Haha!! This is the type on answer I wanted 😂 can always count on you for that good shit orse!!

Might have to smash some uh that good good just to get er goin'

You could always drive south for some natty Synthol.

Joke aside, put some pictures on and lets see what we can improve.

Hahaha!! Mmmmmm oil muscles, my favourite... Hahaha bostin Lloyd over here now. I don't really want to post chest pics though brother, I have really noticeable identifying ink I would prefer not be up on here!

Thanks tho man, I'll just keep switchin it up... It will all come together one of these days!!

Do you train chest on its own or with another body part? definately give it its own day it not already.

Also training it first after your rest day/s can be good. The theory is you can push it harder as there is no fatigue from other trained body parts. eg tri's shoulders or back trained the day or days before.

Didn't see forced negatives in your list. You could add these should grow some mass and increase strength. Do them on flat bench with a buddy.

If your wanting mass would stick to the heavier compound movements like incline, decline and flat bench press the wider the grip the better. Making sure the weights go down to the point between the sternum and top of ribcage / bottom of pecs (flat bench). IMO lifting closer to the neck with a closer grip uses more tricep.

Also superset bench press starting heavy going to light with a friend stripping the plates for you is a good exercise as well.

I also do heavy pec flys you can really feel the stretch in the pecs doing these, the more extended you can get your arms the better still maintaining reasonable form though.

Top Bottom