Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ladies ... I confess to temptation

gear such and shirts and wraps are by no means required. anyone can compete "raw". you will have to wear a singlet. you can order those online or you can pick one up at a sporting goods store that has wrestling gear.

as far as prepping for a meet...there are lots of different theories. spatts is far more the authority in that area.

i would suggest practicing lifing with commands. one of the most frustrating mistakes new lifters make is to rack the weight before the "rack" command is given, or pressing on BP before the "press" command is given. these mistakes are more common on the BP, but VDOP has even been called for racking the weight on squat before the "rack" command was given. there isn't a verbal command on DL, the judge just drops his hand when you've made the lift to signal you to lower the bar. i think by the time lifters make it to DL, they're too tired to listen for verbal commands. but mental errors can be a killer. some poor kid last weekend bombed out on bench because of these errors. i felt really bad for him. but in the intensity of the moment, it's easy to make such mistakes.

practice.....especially on bench. it'll pay off on meet day.

:devil:

I'd be raw since I wouldn't want to spend serious money until I know where I'm headed. I dont' even know what the wraps help with. And will I need a belt?

Anyway, what to wear isn't as important. I just don't want to forget it. I'd rather obtain sooner so I can see what it feels like and come to terms with my huge flab and bulges in the mirror before I subject everyone else to them. :eek:

Do they make singlets for BFBs with 42J busts?

I appreciate the tips about the commands. Maybe I can get the one worthwhile employee at my gym to help me out.

The way I've been benching is all wrong. Oh, I use a PL style and not BB. Thing is, I've been starting with the pins low like I said, press up for full extension, THEN lower the weight and press. Sounds like what I need to do is take the bar higher, lower it, HOLD it and then press?

And now I'm paranoid about getting below parallel, so have decided to add low box squats as one of my DE Lower moves.

Not as worried about deads unless they say my belly helped the bar. :)

Oh, and when they say "knees locked" in the rules, do they mean legs straight or knees actually locked? Wouldn't that be hard on the knees?

LOL Aren't you sorry you said anything?

you'll likely want to use a belt for squat and dl. wraps are both for knees(squating) and wrists(mostly for benching, although they can be used to improve grip in squat and dl).

you can wear a tshirt under your singlet to cover what the singlet won't. some do this....some don't. it's a matter of preference.

the pause at the bottom of the bench is minimal. you just have to wait for a press command. it's usually not more than a second or so. the knees locked thing is really just a straightening of the knees, not really locking the knees. but you won't earn the lift if there's any visible bend in the knees.

you might check out some of the lifting videos on http://www.irongame.com/

the site seems to be down right now, but if it comes back up later, it has all the most awesome lifts known.

:devil:

Yesterday was ME Upper and I paused on the boards for a 2 count. That's what I hoped you would say about the "locked knees" rule.

I think I'll order a singlet 2x smaller than needed and let it all hang out ... kind of like a gargantuan Hooters girl. ;)

2Shy said:
Yesterday was ME Upper and I paused on the boards for a 2 count. That's what I hoped you would say about the "locked knees" rule.

I think I'll order a singlet 2x smaller than needed and let it all hang out ... kind of like a gargantuan Hooters girl. ;)

I will never ever again complain about my comparatively tiny (C cup) boobs and my bench pressing woes again.
Rock on sister! :D :fro:

Top Bottom