Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ladies a lil help....Serious!!!

WODIN

बुद्धकर&
Platinum
I know I'm pretty much a chat-board moron to most but I had a brain seizure and realized that HEY you ladies might be able to give me some insights.

Background : She is 39 and had utteran cancer four years ago but that went into remission and hasn't shown up since and she is pretty healthy. She doesn't work out but she is home full time taking care of our 7 month old twins. That's a great deal of work and stress in and of itself.

The issue : That time of month.

The Problem : My wife is always really run down and tired and it takes her like a week to fully come back to herself.

So can anyone give me some supps or diet changes for her so that she might not feel so tired and run down and generally, achey and grampy and stuff.

Most appreciated.

Can you post what her diet looks like now? What types of foods is she eating? Does she eat 5-6 times a day..A lot of times the foods we eat make us feel like shit..especially if they are full of sugars and carbs..she should eat clean..chicken, tuna, lean red meat, turkey breasts, egg whites, cottage cheese and so on...carbs like oatmeal, yams, rice and veggies..stay away from processed foods...sugars...junk food..soda..alcohol! Drink at least 1 gallon of water a day...take a good multivitamin every day...Is she doing strength training? Getting proer rest? A lof things go into a way you feel.

Her diet is crap. She eats twice a day and it is mostly junk. She sucks down too much Dr. Pepper and candies.

WODIN said:
Her diet is crap. She eats twice a day and it is mostly junk. She sucks down too much Dr. Pepper and candies.

changing her diet will have a huge impact on both energy and hormonal fluctuations...

when my diet isn't on i feel lethargic, cranky and downright bitchy... ten fold when i get my monthly visitor.... add in cramps and i can be down right nasty...

when my diet is on, i feel no different... not even the slightest bloat....

get her eating healthy, cut the crap (sugar, sodas ect..)... get some calcium (it's been proven to reduce PMS and irritability), reduce sodium intake and she'll probably be able to see the difference within a month.. it'll take a few days of hell while the body kicks it's sugar dependancies but after that, clean eating will probably do her a world of good...

Now I don't want to anger any parents here, but...
Even though looking after kids is definitely a work out, it's the kind that can wear you down. She still needs her own workout to build herself back up.

Working out will give her energy and relieve stress, so she'll be less likely to crave junk food. Yes, she does need to change her diet, but getting her on an enjoyable workout routine will make the diet change easier. She may feel she's at her wit's end and can't possibly take the time to workout or change her diet, but she MUST make some changes, if she wants to be healthy and enjoy life, her children, marriage, etc. Do whatever you can, like keeping the kids occupied, etc. to give her the time and space to do this.

If she's not into the hard core fitness or BB like a lot of us here, (is she is, get her on these boards) there are a series of good books like:

Strong Women Stay Young
Strong Women Stay Slim
Strong Women Eat Well

They aren't about bodybuilding per se, but they emphasize the need for building muscle, losing body fat, and eating well. They are geared to women 35 and up.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...47495/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_6_1/107-5120345-9802953

2 times a day is not going to cut it at all...She has to want to do this and be willing to do it for a lifetime..not a few days or months...it is a lifestyle not a diet so to speak. Soda is shit...it is empty calories..full of sugar and carbs..nothing to benefit you at all. If she has to drink soda..make it diet at least..have her start off by making small gradual changes..small changes will bring about big change if she is eating the way youd describe. Being healthy is not easy and it requires you to plan and be prepared..that is why so many dont do it and just take the easy route..its pure laziness!! I see so many women every day w/ excuses a mile long why they cant do this or change this..the bottom line if you continue to do what you are doing you will never lose weight and you will never change your appearance or how you feel about yourself.

I have no tolerance for those that are LAZY!!! Its quite simple and basic...no fancy stuff at all. She should eat 1-1.5 grams of protein per lb...Eating clean several times a day is going to increase her metabolism and get it running again..the LESS you eat the more it slows it down...eating less does not = weight loss...DOES NOT HAPPEN!

Lifting weights is very IMPORTANT! Especially for women..it helps prevent osteoporosis and the older we get we lose more muscle mass...that means less lean mass..slower metabolism and more FAT! Who the hell wants that..she needs to build her lean tissue and focus on weights..more so than cardio...thats great, but to me I think lifting weights is far more important and creates the results she will be looking for.

She will NOT get big either..doesnt have the hormones..so no excuses of getting bulky and so on...you get bulky if you eat junk and get fat..

Get her on the boards...print this out for her so she can learn..tons of info on our board as well as the diet board for her to read and get some insight....

Caffine is very bad at that time of the month.

Seems like I am very sensitive to caffine at that time.

Try and get her on the board to read about how to eat and
workout..

She may really like it.....
:)

Thanks ladies. I really do appreciate all of your insights. I'm going to start nudging her diet in the right direction and see if I can get her to use our joint membership some. Very cool of you all to put in the time to respond.

Oh...FitFossil cool book too. Very self help oriented. She is into that kind of thing so she will probably at least read it and take up some of the practices.

Last edited:
Top Bottom