Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Knee issues....

superqt4u2nv

Elite
Elite Moderator
ok my last couple of sqaut sessions my knees are clicking like there is no tomorrow. I have had some serious pain as of late even going light. I think it could be the increased cardio. Anyways I need some advice what is going to be something that is low impact but still hit the quads decently.

i would keep the squats but evaluate your form..
try using a wider stance and sitting back more...
also give yourself some rest and go light when making form adjustments

superqt4u2nv said:
ok my last couple of sqaut sessions my knees are clicking like there is no tomorrow. I have had some serious pain as of late even going light. I think it could be the increased cardio. Anyways I need some advice what is going to be something that is low impact but still hit the quads decently.

My knees used to be in much pain when I did a lot of cardio - biking (upright bike). I used to sometimes even feel pain/strain behind my knees. My knee pain has greatly diminished since I have started doing different types of cardio like pulling sled. Changing the squat stance like beast says can't hurt as well.

What do you take in the way of joint supps, thats really key?
And are you going rock bottom, its a lot easier on your knees when you do.
And if your cardio is high impact, then it most likely is affecting it

Thanks all I have been using wide stance squats. I have been going a lot lighter like 40lb less since I started adding more cardio. The cardio I have been doing is high impact but mostly eliptical.

how wide is your stance?
also im wondering if the dieting may be having an imapct as you dry up your joints become less lubricated

wnt2bBeast said:
how wide is your stance?
also im wondering if the dieting may be having an imapct as you dry up your joints become less lubricated
I still take in about 20% of my daily total in fat. My stance is wider then shoulder length apart with toes pointed out. Feels like I could give birth from that stance. LOL I am going to pick up some joint supps when I am at the store next week.

the wide stance doesn't agree with everyone. what about bringing your stance in and going deep?

whatever the case, it's likely a form thing.

super_rice said:
the wide stance doesn't agree with everyone. what about bringing your stance in and going deep?

whatever the case, it's likely a form thing.
Last week I tried squating 4 diffrent ways and nothing felt right every time I could feel the knee click clicking all the way down.

some other things that have worked for me:

1) stay tight, don't bounce in/out of hole
2) let your knees come out in front of your toes if you are squatting oly style... imo, it's more of a natural movement and your knees are designed to take the stress off on their own
3) keep your knees warm with first a good warmup, then by wearing pants of knee sleeves during a workout
4) glucosamine/chondroitin mix, stay away from msm and other painkillers though

Top Bottom