Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Keep loosing hair...PLEASE help

I stand corrected.
Nizoral does have anti-androgen effect.
I am a great believer in FDA. FDA only allows a claim if it is proved by clinical studies on 1000-2000 people (small studies may be misleading). Nutritional supplements or cosmetics don't have to prove ANYTHING.
The manufacturer (with 2%, available in Europe) does not claim it to grow hair. The reason most likely is that when used alone, 2% Nizoral does not significantly increase hair growth.
But it may do that job when used in combination with Proscar (additive effect).
Keep in mind that theory doesn't always work in practice. Almost every week you hear about a new miracle drug in the pipelines and you never hear about it again.

I am already taking Proscar so I plan to use Nizoral 2%. Thanks for the info.

I am staying away from Dueterestride because I am concerned that it may also block androgen receptors in the muscle cells. Proscar is selective for scalp, prostate and liver androgen receptors (type I). We yet don't know what type of androgen receptor muscle cells have. I could only find one ongoing study that would be available in about a year.

Biggest bomb was Rogain. Minoxidil orally (probably most powerful high blood pressure medicine) grows hair like crazy all over the body. Most woman can't take it because of facial hair. But when it was used topically, it had only modest effect, and only on top part of head (vertex), and not on the receding hairlines.

By the way, the only claim with Propecia is vertex hair growth. Proscar may be more effective (it is 5 mg vs 1 mg).

My suggestion:
Take Proscar 5 mg in the morning (there is a spike in testosterone secretion in the morning; probably sex would also be better in the morning).
Use Rogain 5% in the morning and in the evening.
Nizoral 2% twice a week.

(This way you can also have a job).

I don't say anything unless I am reasonably certain about it. You called my logic wrong.
By the way, this is my 4th post.

I am staying away from Dueterestride because I am concerned that it may also block androgen receptors in the muscle cells. Proscar is selective for scalp, prostate and liver androgen receptors (type I). We yet don't know what type of androgen receptor muscle cells have. I could only find one ongoing study that would be available in about a year.

Neither finasteride nor dutasteride block any type of androgen receptors

They block the enzyme responsible for conversion of Test to DHT (called 5AR)
There are 2 forms of the 5AR enzyme (type I & type II)
Finasteride blocks one of them (can't remember which - but it's the more common one)
Dutasteride blocks both type I and type II 5AR

DHT is useful in BBing - it has many useful interactions (eg. SHBP interactions), so any inhibition of it's formation can be (slightly) negative - finasteride & dutasteride are just different in how much they inhibit DHT formation - it is possible that the different types of 5AR aren't evenly distributed in the body - which might cause some site specific DHT inhibition (eg in muscles) but I dont think this is the case.

My advice:

a) Get on Finasteride. Get the generic proscar 5mg and split it up into 4 parts. Take that daily on or off cycle. This will lower DHT overall in your system.

b) Get some Nizoral (2% preferred) and use it at least 3 times per week on/off cycle. I try to use it daily when on.

c) Get some Rogaine. This won't do shit to block DHT, but it will create new hairs where you may have lost it.

I've been on the above for about 4 years and I haven't lost a hair. I started shedding like a bitch on my first two cycles because I was in denial about being prone to it.

visit www.hairlosstalk.com or www.regrowth.com if you want to see some real hair nuts.

How many of you guys have had success with hair coming back after a cycle, on its own? There is no one with MPB in my family at all....never had problems with hairloss on a cycle before, but over the past year I used some heavy gear, really stupid on my part, and didnt really plan the way I should have....to make a long story short, about a month after my cycle of 800mgs a week of Test E and 600mgs of EQ I really noticed my hair to be thinning in the front....again, no one in my family has had a problem with MPB, its gotta be from the juice. SO im just wondering what the chances are that I will have regrowth after being off for a while, considering this does not run in my family....
anyway, I learned a lesson the hard way this time......

It could be from your mother's family. It counts.
If you use all the stuff together, your hair may grow back (or at least some).
I am hoping the same.

This coming June I am going to do what I have been planning for a year and a half - go in and get 2000 Hair Transplants (2000 Individual hair grafts, not 2000 hair transplants in total - lol!!). Not only that, but I am going to carry out my promise to some internet friends I made on the board by putting "Before" and "After" photographs up on this forum.

After spending that amount of money, the last thing I want to do is ruin it, so Dutasteride...get ready to welcome yourself into my home!

You are doing the right thing.
Probably you are getting micro transplants, with 1-3 hair follicles in each plug.
I would suggest that you insist on one thing: Ask your doctor to take donor follicles from two different locations, and not one.
This is the best treatment for male pattern hair loss.
How much are you paying for 2000 plugs?

Top Bottom