Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Just how far can a talented developer push a console? Take a look...

hanselthecaretaker

High End Bro
Platinum
IGN Video: GC 2009: Cry Engine 3 Demo Xbox 360 - GC 2009: Cevat Yerli Demo

Against all odds, game developer Crytek has recently released their new game engine, CryEngine 3, which runs on Xbox 360 and PS3. It is basically equivalent to running Crysis for Windows PC on medium settings, plus several enhancements made possible with the newer, more efficient and optimized codebase. Crysis 2 is deep in development and will be released on all 3 platforms.

This proves to be yet another reason more and more developers are working on consoles. Technology born on PC later matures onto consoles. I remember all the console fanboys thinking Crysis would somehow come to Xbox 360/PS3 and PC fanboys getting a good laugh. Amazing that Crytek actually pulled it off a sequel later, and then some.

Super Mario for NES is sweet and now it's on computer emulators

ZSNES is awesome. So many great games for SNES that can be emulated flawlessly and with save/load anywhere, screenshot, level editing, etc.

It will be a while before they can emulate PS3 architecture though lol. They're still working on the PS2 actually. Xbox on the other hand is a lot easier to work with. Halo 3 on PC through emulation will be a lot sooner reality than emulated PS3 shooters.

And get this - everyone can play it with $400 invested in their living room - without having to be a uber pc geek and spend gobs on hardware and know your windows o/s inside and out! lol

c

And get this - everyone can play it with $400 invested in their living room - without having to be a uber pc geek and spend gobs on hardware and know your windows o/s inside and out! lol

c

$300 now!

*Ahem* On second thought, consoles simply aren't able to hang with this -

7d42d10.jpg

d6a5ca7927.jpg

63e8989170ad.jpg

f9adb1084.jpg

498861035.jpg

eab57a.jpg

1139d6.jpg

70f13b1f9.jpg

7b11f14e1.jpg

25989f.jpg

7721426d3123.jpg

8a8bf.jpg

c35a08f315d8.jpg

9a220b.jpg

e2ec656dfece.jpg

67e34f.jpg

a17d419.jpg

1dd0e0df.jpg

d70c8029.jpg

7b73443.jpg

e41421.jpg

Most of those are w/o any AA btw too.

And it doesn't stop there (I can't take credit for these other than finding them)....

5ec65.jpg

fc3467245b.jpg

744d5.jpg

4a3ca3a3d.jpg

Crysis PC x (Homebrew Modding+Interwebs)=FTW

Yeah but yopu're still a virgin stuck in your bedroom with your tweaked out super pc getting yelled at by mom!!

c

:)

*waitaminu....Damn!

"...No mom, not you!"

Wow, those screen shots were awesome. I haven't played a pc game in forever...I think Police Quest 3 was the last computer game I played (loved the police quest games).

Top Bottom