Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Just got the CoC #2 closed.

Bonkme2

Actually, I slammed it shut. The #3 is right around the corner.

Ok, so it's not really right around the corner. It'll probably take me another year of grip work to get the #3 closed. But my name will be on that list eventually.

Nice job!

Any tips on closing the #2? I'm VERY close to closing it, but I've been close for a couple months now...

I can rep the #1 like 20 times...

MJBossman said:
Nice job!

Any tips on closing the #2? I'm VERY close to closing it, but I've been close for a couple months now...

I can rep the #1 like 20 times...

Don't really worry about how many times you can rep the #1.

What do you currently do to attempt to close the #2?
Timed holds?
straped holds?
Negatives?
Slam a filed down #1?
Other grip work as well?

Leatherface is right. Repping the #1 is only going to get you more reps on the #1. Do some holds and negatives with the #2 (or even the #3 if you're ambitious).

Not only do I do that, but when I've had enough of the #2, I'll move down to the #1 and even the Trainer sometimes and do the same thing, until my hands are swolen and exhausted. Then at the next workout I'll keep it light and do some high volume with the T or #1.

I've also got a clamp to work on pinching a little and I just bought a standard (non olympic) dumbell bar where I load 5 or 10lbs on one end and do alot of different movements to strengthen my wrists. (I believe Ironmind calls this a Hammer?)

I bought the T, 1, and 2 in August or so and could only close the #1 for a few when I started. I just got the #2 closed, but I'm giving myself a full year to hit the #3.

Top Bottom