Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Journal- Improving my deadlift without deadlifting: A four-week experiment

Guinness 5.0 --- just to note, ran a short 4 week program of Russian Deads. Mini Maxed tonite and ended up with 325x2 with a belt on (loose, so I had to breathe out and activate my abs). For not being able to squat or DL for a couple of weeks - this lift really helps keep your core in the groove for when you come back.

Keep up the good work.

mekannik said:
Guinness 5.0 --- just to note, ran a short 4 week program of Russian Deads. Mini Maxed tonite and ended up with 325x2 with a belt on (loose, so I had to breathe out and activate my abs). For not being able to squat or DL for a couple of weeks - this lift really helps keep your core in the groove for when you come back.

Keep up the good work.
Thanks mekannik. That seems like a damn good RD. WHat kind of weight do you typically use on squats/deads?

Week 5

FRIDAY

DL: 135x?, 225x?, 315x6, 365x0, 365x0, 315x8, 315x8 ( :confused: )
Push press 3x3: 180
Pullups 3x3: bw

Comments:

-I don't know what the hell is going on with my dl. I decided to rest an exta day (I'm doing 2x/week for now and my last workout was monday) and I still couldn't pull for shit. I was at a new gym but I doubt that hurt anything (i'll have a separate post about this new place). Frustrating to say the least given my goal. BTW the back pain I mentioned seems to only show up on squats. My back felt fine the whole time friday.

-Push press was great. I think 225 is a reasonable target in the near future.

That's so odd that you can only put it down to oddness. See what Monday brings and hope to put that workout down to alien feeble-beams or similar.

Top Bottom