Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

JELLO.... (while on contest dieting)

A

AJD

Is jello one of those foods you can eat while dieting?? I'm in a precontest dieting and have eaten jello a few times. The caloric content is incredibly low...

For 1 box: (sugar free)
Protein - 4g.
Carbs - 0g.
Fat - 0g.
Calories - 20 calories

What do you all think? Is it something that really matters or is it like eating lettuce or something?

Any info would be greatly appreciated especially from those that have been on a contest diet.

AJ

I have to say that it all depends on your diet...if you are on any diet besides a Ketonic diet, then you can eat the jello, just don't go overboard. Same thing goes for the cheese.

Mr.X :cool:

sugar free is fine, even on keto.

any dairy products are a NO-NO on contest diets trust me, I've been there. lactose contributes to water retention and some other undesired effects.

how many weeks are you out?

Valdez,

I am 6 weeks out.

the nutritional info is:

per1/4 cup

Fat: 0g
Carbs: 1g
Proteun: 7g

I there enough latose there to be an issue?

thanks.

I'm 12 weeks out... (started at 16 so I didnt have to worry about losing muscle) I'm at 145 lbs and 9.3% bf right now. I'm 21/F. Hoping to compete as a middleweight (132.5 or less) but if I have to go HW thats ok, just really dont want to. :)

I have to disagree with Valdez. No, sugar-free jello is NOT ok. in Ketosis, in my view. Look at the ingredients, and look for artificial sweetners and then pick up "BodyOpus" or Atkins book, and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Mr.X :cool:

OK I'm obviously not in ketosis because I'm taking in 162 grams of carbs per day... I'm just in a precontest diet. Thats a big difference. Any opinions?

Top Bottom