Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Iud

nope KB, it's Depo that can take 3 to 18 months to return to fertility.
No such effect from ocp's (except, very rarely, post-pill amenorrhea.)
Also, it's a fraud to tell you it's the dose of the pill that causes the problems;
that's mostly a gimmick like the triphasics to keep customer base and patents.
tI's the PROGESTERONE component that gives most of the problems. I have found
levonorgestrel and desogestrel to be the worst culprits.

Sassy:
The numbers for weight gain with OCP's (usually <5 lbs) is 5%
Unfortunately FBB's are not typical and are VERY aware and sensitive to even
slight changes due to a) the gear, and b) the acute knowledge of %BF.
Also (and I have no idea why) just because you restart the same pill does NOT
mean you won't get side effects this time around.

I glad my posts have brought some more posters like fitfossil and minimusglutes out
to balance our sampling error.

spatterson: I have never had the experience that your nurse practitioner friend
has described to you. Although I do find that some women have an increase in
vaginal mucus production/discharge, it is non-infectious when examined properly.
Maybe they're overtreating normal leukorrhea.

:fro: thebabydoc

Last edited:
My girlfriend has had problems with the pill because she tends to get more weight gain than she is comfortable with. So I spent some time researching IUDs. From everything I have read, it seems most OB/GYNs in this country lack much education on the subject, or are outdated. Research studies are showing that it is quite safe, and is the most effective at preventing pregnancy next to having your tubes tied.

The World Health Organization (WHO) and United Nations Fund for Population Activities (UNFPA) claim it is one of the safest methods of birth control (doesn't stop STD's though.)

You can check out this link to the WHO's information And also you can order (for free) an information packet regarding IUDs. It has pictures and is easy to understand for the less medically technical of us. Many misconceptions are discussed about them here also. http://www.who.int/reproductive-health/publications/FPP_97_32/FPP_97_32_table_of_contents_en.html

I just thought I would share this with you ladies, hopefully it may help some of you who are unhappy with the pill.

Last edited:
I'm looking into this now too because like KB the pill makes me feel like a beluga. (Though I've seen her pics and she's got nothing to complain about!)
Thanks for the info!!

There won't be any rust, as the only metal in it is copper, not iron.

As for infection, the IUD itself will not cause infection. If you already HAVE an infection, or an STD of some type, it can irritate and make it worse. Which is why they don't reccomend it for women who have a history of STD or PID.

Read the link I posted it talks a lot about the long term effects of the IUD. The IUD is one of the oldest forms of birth control, it is not a new science.

Top Bottom