Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Iud

Once again for those who are illiterate...(STAR)

Sampling error is based on real numbers, not on whether or not it agrees with
my opinion, professional or otherwise.

Just as you've spent whatever number of years learning how to dance naked on
a pole, I've spent decades learning my profession, which relies on history, studies,
numbers, and FACTS. FACTS which I use to objectively counsel patients with the TRUTH. I already
stated on several occasions the bad side effects of the IUD, and I don't own stock
in any company that makes them. Those facts that I presented OBJECTIVELY on the IUD are
not my opinion, they are FACTS. Based on studies of thousands upon thousands of women.
On the other hand, what you have done throughout your misinformed threads is to state your
opinion as fact (and I quote...)

" An IUD is an Internal Uterine Device and can only be used if she has already had a
child. It is a little implant placed in the cervix. I also had one of those and had to have
it removed. You have to sign a waver to get one...In other words not safe. "

and other gems like...

" You can only have an IUD after you have given birth. The cervix has to be wide enough
and that does not occur unless you have had children. There is not only the risks of
what you have mentioned but also the extreme danger that a woman is put in if she
does in fact become pregnant while using an IUD. There's also something else about
the copper wire. (can't remember though). I would say the odds are 8 out of 10
women have them removed after insertion because of
complications.......Cramping......bleeding.....yada yada yada"

and...

" I also have NEVER heard of a reputable doctor that would insert an IUD into a woman
who has not given birth."

And that's only the tip of the iceberg. None of these comments discuss your experiences, as you claimed
when attacking me for trying to help. Your threads are opinions stated as facts. People like you make all
our jobs harder and are the reason that millions of women have unintended pregnancies each year and
die of breast and cervical cancer from fear of medicine. You care about nothing but yourself and validating
that your "pain" and "experiences" exist.

And as for your background, again I quote...

" Well my mom did sleep around a lot so it wouldn't surprise me..."

Do you think that because you have a vagina, got pregnant and buried a man that that makes you an
expert on the female body? Stick to the Prozac and do the women here a favor and shut up, listen or ask questions, and you might just learn something.

By the way, nice tat.

And lighten up a bit, remember you're the one who made this personal, and in a battle
of wits, I fear you might just be unarmed. So let's just drop this.

"can't we all just get along?"

thebabydoc :fro:

Do you think that because you have a vagina, got pregnant and buried a man that that makes you an
expert on the female body?

Makes me a whole lot more experienced than you!! Your pole comment was almost amusing. Besides the pole I started a successful construction company (on my own) and am now an assistant to the ceo of a chemical corporation. You can not belittle me. When you have an IUD inserted in your VAGINA and can speak of your own experience then you can tell me to shut up. I have a good home, a great job, a better family, and a wonderful life........Prozac isn't in my past or any forseeable future. You have the intellect where I consider this battle a challenge for that I say touche but I will add that being the "doctor" I would expect more of you than those low brow personal attacks. I am quite disappointed in you.

Star

So because I am a doctor I'm dead to the world and can't insult and belittle
insolent people anymore? Well just show me where I should have turned in
my "fuck-you, I'm-from-New-York" sarcasm license!
By the by, none of my attacks were "low brow", they were all way
above the belt, tongue-in-cheek (but I guess you didn't get the smiley faces).
Oh yes, how much would it piss you off and mess up your whole theory of life
if you were to find out I AM a woman? Oooooops!!!!

Another quote...

" The IUD was hellacious. I had constant cramping, spotting..etc. and I did keep it in past the usual 3
month adjustment period. I guess I live in a weird place cause I also have not met but
one woman that has had no problems with their IUD. Maybe it's all the hay in the air." (7/10/01)

" When you have an IUD inserted in your VAGINA and can speak...."

The IUD goes in the UTERUS, not the vagina, maybe it was that and not the hay that
was the source of your problem Star...:D

Just remember...
" It is far better to let people think that you are stupid than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. "

:fro:

Tardo.:freak:.....To get to the Uterus they go through the Vagina. Was that really the best you could do? Obviously you will never stop babbling because your ego mandates the constant need to feel superior. Maybe from now on when seeing patients you should look up once and a while.

Good Day :D
Star

:beer: Wow! good thread.

Well , i am taking all of this into account. It's good to here both sides. and it is always great to hear of a personal experience because i feel i am way more attuned to my body than the average female and can assure you that i would be the first to notice any negative side effects. ALso, it's nice to finally hear from a professional who would give the thumbs up on the iud even for someone w/o children. So based on statistics, babydocs observations, my HATE for synthetic hormones, the ridiculousness of condoms in a monog/disease-free relationship, and my undying need for an effective/tasteless/scentless form of contraception, I think I'm going to find a new gynecologist and give it a try.
:biggrin:

welllll. EVE-- im glad u got what ur looking for, 2 points of view.. good luck with everything!!! STAR--- hun, dont let this shit upset you.. dont even respond. i can really sense that u are very upset. like i said before, u know whats up with u, forget everyone else. obviously babydoc doesnt know where u are coming from so why bother trying to convince someone who will never be convinced. agree to disagree and let it be the end. Sorry to hear about ur experiences though. its sounds like you are doing well for urself now. take care and best wishes to u and ur family. BABYDOC --- ur knowledge on this topic is much apprecited but seriously-- give the girl a break, u gave some low blows. im sure shes a hardworking mom and that disrespect is just wrong all together. remember the women in ur family before u speak to other women like u spoke to star. -- KB

YES! I WIN!!!! TAKE THAT STAR!!!!:bigkiss:

All kidding aside, good luck, Eve, I really hope it works out well for you.
Now I'm going to be all worried for the next 3 months that it works
well and that you suffer none of the possible side effects. Make sure you
bring up everything we discussed with your doc.

No matter what, at least it's worth a try. Please let me know, I mean that.
I'll even look up from my work to check my e-mail (whatever
that means-- talk about "tardo")

If you don't like it then you can always have it removed.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

:fro: thebabydoc

babydoc! Love your posts! Its great to have someone from the medical community to provide answers within this context (sports, health, women , diet, even AS) - I've asked my doc some questions in the context of bodybuilding (weight gain, questions about nolvadex, etc) and he just has trouble getting past the reason I'm asking the questions. He provides answers as he knows them, but he is not familiar with the context I'm asking from - e.g. FBBs use nolvadex for dealing w/ that damn estrogen fat to help lean out. That was news to him, so he was like well, just don't use it. So then I could conceivable just get it from a private source and use it, not really understanding what it does, even though I tried to ask. Not his fault - but frustrating. The alternative is to ask questions here, and a lot of the responses are conjecture, personal experience, repeated things heard somewhere else, etc. So we essentially become a bunch of on-going human experiments in "sports chemistry".

Anyway, had a question about birth control. Do you have any stats on the number of women who do experience weight gain with birth control? From responses on this board, it sounds like in general, everyone does. I've been on b/c for 15 on a very low dose pill (Triphasal) and I don't recall gaining weight other than the weight I already had. I went off in Feb and didnt' notice any weight loss either. So is this telling me that I'm not "prone" to the weight gain or I'm on such a low dose that it won't affect me? So if I go back on, I still get the anti-baby effects (LOL) and don't gain weight?? Am I the statistical "outlier" or is this at least sort of common?

I used the IUD for 6 years with absolutely no problems. I had it takin out because I wanted to have a child. And wouldnt ya know it she was born 10 months later! From my experience, it was a good one. Could be different from person to person however. If you have done the research.....and feel comfortable with your own knowledge of the IUD, then I would say go for it.:angel:

SASSY -- i gained about 10 pounds when i was on bc:bawling: it wa shorrible... all went to hips and ass... it took me FORFREAKIN ever to get that sloppy shit off me!!! it was not easy!:mad: . i was on a high dose though. maybe its b/c ur on a low dose u didnt experience weight gain. i asked ofr just about the high dosage possible.. i could barely stand my boyfriend nevermind lil junior runnin around:p . Now im terrified to go back on it. i dont think i will ever again pp even a low dose. its just that the weight u gain while on it is like the most stubborn fat ever!! it just never wants to leave. ur a lucky gal!! actually.. i believe (and correct me if im wrong babydoc) that after a number amount of years after taking bc u cant get pregnant as soon as u stop... maybe a yr or two sometimes before u can concieve. is that correct??? so if that is... u have some time yet... before u have to go back on em:D

Top Bottom