Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Iud

male birth control

now don't run out quoting this as gospel, but i heard that approx. 200mg of test per week is effective as male fertility control. someone, somewhere quoted this from some study. i'm sure there are plenty of guys that can vouch, cause i know they take way more than 200mg

Eve:

Please check out my postings in "Help!! Need contraception" board
but here is a copy of one...

I would like to get back to the IUD issue.

I used to have many patients who were dancers (strippers) and were extremely
uptight about even a couple of pounds. After trying OCP's and depo (gotta at least
give them a try first) we went with the IUD. The vast majority were ecstatic and could
put up with the extra cramping for 2 or 3 days a month. If you haven't had kids, then
the uterus tends to not have "stretched out" (for want of a better explanation) and
often this results in stronger cramping during the menstrual cycle. Getting it through
the cervix is never a problem.

For BB's, who are even more concerned with the effects of estrogen (and
progesterone) on body fat and weight, the copper IUD is far and away the best option
provided informed consent is obtained. Doctors provide and get informed consents to
CYA (Cover Your Ass). As with any procedure, patients MUST be informed of ALL the
risks, no matter how remote, and this discussion of the risks often uneccessarily
scares patients such as Star. As a result, they tend to scare off other patients..."I
would say the odds are 8 out of 10 women have them removed after insertion
because of complications.......Cramping......bleeding.....yada yada yada" (Thank you,
Star...(Remember what I said earlier about SAMPLING ERROR?) Don't get me wrong,
this is as much Stars doctor's fault as it is hers. I place approximately 100 IUD's yearly
and I have removed perhaps 6 of them.

The IUD can be a bit pricey though, as the Paragard T380 costs me $297.50
wholesale. Plus you gotta pay the doc to put it in, average total- around $450-$500.
Most insurances do cover it though. If you don't like it, you can have it taken it out.
Only 10% of women experience significant side effects and of those 10%, 90%
experience resolution of these symptoms within the first three months. Failure rates
are typically less than 1%.

As for the hormonal methods, you have to give them a try to find out how they will
affect you. After all, you spend YEARS building, shaping, and defining your bodies,
what's a few extra months to find an effective contraceptive?
And yes, as a few have noted, when you're not having your periods, it is harder to get
pregnant. Anovulation (not ovulating) is usually the cause, whether it be central
(hypogonadotrophic- from the brain) or ovarian (ovaries not working). If you're not
ovulating, it's pretty tough to get pregnant. The problem is that there are 12 months a
year for a "breakthrough" ovulation to occur, and because ovulation preceeds
menstruation, you only know about it once it's too late...

Bottom line, you CAN use the IUD even if you haven't had but still want kids in the future.

babydoc :fro:

I am thinking..

I had a double take on the gyno as well!! I am thinking, this girl has bitch tits??!!! What the ----??!!!:D :p

I found that funny and probably spend too much time on these boards as well!!!

DG

Good luck!

babydoc-
i'm so happy you replyed. I have a couple of questions.

-So, you view the iud as SAFE?
-Do people find sex to be painful?
-How often do you see women develop infections?
-what about oral sex?
-How much of an annoyance are the strings?
-How often do you see them become dislodged?
-Does it reduce bloating?
-My insurance doesn't seem to cover it....do most OBGYNs give a partial refund or rebate if you need it removed due to complications? I don't want to throw away $500+ dollars.
-Why won't planned parenthood offer this for free???
-Is there anything else you think I should know?

Thanks!:)

EVE said:
babydoc-
i'm so happy you replyed. I have a couple of questions.

-So, you view the iud as SAFE?
-Do people find sex to be painful?
-How often do you see women develop infections?
-what about oral sex?
-How much of an annoyance are the strings?
-How often do you see them become dislodged?
-Does it reduce bloating?
-My insurance doesn't seem to cover it....do most OBGYNs give a partial refund or rebate if you need it removed due to complications? I don't want to throw away $500+ dollars.
-Why won't planned parenthood offer this for free???
-Is there anything else you think I should know?

Thanks!:)
good questions.. but i have one for u:D what about oral sex!?!? what does that have to do w/ getting pregnant or an iud?? did i miss something? i dont think u have to worry about anything when it comes to that:)

good questions.. but i have one for u what about oral sex!?!? what does that have to do w/ getting pregnant or an iud?? did i miss something? i dont think u have to worry about anything when it comes to that
;) , the strings?

OHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! nowww i see :D i know the strings are VERY thin.. but i would imagine that it could be a lil annoying. do they hang out?? i dont know all the details... well if they do..look on the bright side.. ur guy can floss and please u at the same... killin two birds w/ one stone. :p

KBgrl said:
OHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! nowww i see :D i know the strings are VERY thin.. but i would imagine that it could be a lil annoying. do they hang out?? i dont know all the details... well if they do..look on the bright side.. ur guy can floss and please u at the same... killin two birds w/ one stone. :p

okay, you just took dental hygenics to a new level there...

no, it does not hang out. It hangs out of the cervix slighty for removal of the iud.,,,etc etc. and baby Doc PLEASE stop referring to me as a sampling error and frightened....I AM NEITHER. I am a person and those were MY experiences and I was NOT frightened before or after by anyone. When you get a vagina then you can start telling me how I feel until then You are acting just like another typical MALE doctor.

star

KBgrl said:
:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

Top Bottom